Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Possibly a Token??

Explorer.se

Howdy friends! Can someone please tell me what I have? I’m thinking a token of some sort there is nothing on the back but I’m aware of some tokens that I had found do not have anything printed on the back.

Thanks for looking

Hi, It is a vintage railroad baggage claim. They are a neat find but pretty common. You can google vintage railroad baggage claim or tag and get much more information. Nice find !!!!!!!!!!

I should also add it is brass.

hunt2day said:
Hi, It is a vintage railroad baggage claim. They are a neat find but pretty common. You can google vintage railroad baggage claim or tag and get much more information. Nice find !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much I’m glad I found it I will look into it further thank you and HH!

They can carry quite a bit of value if you find a rarer railroad, while I no longer sell anything I find, Lifes circumstance forced me to years ago and one I dug (different railroad) sold for $356.

brianc577 said:
They can carry quite a bit of value if you find a rarer railroad, while I no longer sell anything I find, Lifes circumstance forced me to years ago and one I dug (different railroad) sold for $356.

Oh wow Brian has emailed a guy to find the value of mine. I sure hope I find some more.

Thank you!

When I sold mine it was on ebay, I expected a couple of bucks and the auction went crazy. Mine was a heavy brass railroad badge. You have a unique number on yours with it being $1000.

brianc577 said:
When I sold mine it was on @#$%&, I expected a couple of bucks and the auction went crazy. Mine was a heavy brass railroad badge. You have a unique number on yours with it being $1000.

Oh wow yes it is unique I emailed someone about mine just waiting to hear back. It’s really nice and heavy as well. I can’t find one on the web!

That's an interesting and nice find, but I don't think it is a railroad baggage tag. I don't see a hole for attaching this to anything and also the initials Co. are usually RR. for Railroad. If you can show me a railroad with the initials U. C. P. & C. you will make me a believer. Until then, I'm skeptical.

flinthunter said:
That's an interesting and nice find, but I don't think it is a railroad baggage tag. I don't see a hole for attaching this to anything and also the initials Co. are usually RR. for Railroad. If you can show me a railroad with the initials U. C. P. & C. you will make me a believer. Until then, I'm skeptical.

I hear you flinthunter I was thinking the same as far as I could not find the initials anywhere on the internet any idea to what it could be?

My first thoughts were that it is something like a tool tag or miners check tag, but once again the problem of no hole comes up. A $10.00 company scrip token is a possibility but there is no period between the 10 and 00. If someone could get lucky and find the company name that matches U. C. P. & C. Co. this might be an easy ID. I haven't had any luck finding that company yet.

maybe a tag from one of their products................. UCP International Co Ltd.

United Chinese Plastics Products Co Ltd is a leading manufacturer and trading Company in producing artificial flowers and seasonal decorations since 1958 in Hong Kong. With almost 200 staff in Hong Kong and over 10,000 workers in Zhongshan and Jiangxi, Mainland China, we produce, in addition to artificial flowers, many home accessories including containers, Christmas trees, display fixtures, ornaments and even small furniture pieces.

Our major customers are from USA and Europe. We have many longstanding customers whom have been with us for many years.

Elton said:
maybe a tag from one of their products................. UCP International Co Ltd.

United Chinese Plastics Products Co Ltd is a leading manufacturer and trading Company in producing artificial flowers and seasonal decorations since 1958 in Hong Kong. With almost 200 staff in Hong Kong and over 10,000 workers in Zhongshan and Jiangxi, Mainland China, we produce, in addition to artificial flowers, many home accessories including containers, Christmas trees, display fixtures, ornaments and even small furniture pieces.

Our major customers are from USA and Europe. We have many longstanding customers whom have been with us for many years.

Oh wow your the man Elton thank you so much! I knew I’d find answer! Thank you!

Explorer.se said:

Oh wow your the man Elton thank you so much! I knew I’d find answer! Thank you!

Thanks Elton but what I have I got that feel that it is from the turn of the century. Looks older than 1958. But thanks anyways!