Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Post Your Oldest Coin...........And Win Prizes!

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Post a pic on the Garrett Facebook Page to enter. Please post it here too!

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 168
LOL. MY oldest coin is the 1787 New Jersey copper. Is that the Massachusetts copper next to it ?

Richard Browne Coin circa 282-283AD Found in Spain 1985

Antoninianus of Carus.

CAESAR MARCVS AVRELIVS CARVS AVGVSTVS
Born: c. 230 AD, Narbo
Reign: September/ October 282 AD – late July/ early August 283 AD
Natural causes? (Possibly killed by lightning)
10-11 months
Photos of my Carus coin left and center, Right picture is stock.
1587671413831.png

Both of these are from the same site, maybe 20 yards apart?
1720 Farthing and a 1733 half Reale.

Attachments

• 20200430_091812.jpeg
    20200430_091812.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
72 AD Roman Coin, actually dug it up in my yard as a 12(1973) year old, someone must have lost it, started me off coin collecting and eventually MD'ing. Authentic, but many thought to be reproduction due to it semi-clean and centered strike.
Challenge any one to find one(same coin) pictured anywhere in as good a shape
coin5.jpg
coin4.jpg

Judaea Capta coins were issued by Roman Emperor Vespasian to celebrate the capture of Judaea during the first Jewish revolt against the Romans and the destruction of the Second Jewish Temple by his son Titus in 70 AD.
Obverse: Head of Titus, laureate, left: IMP T CAES VESP AVG P M TR P P P COS VIII
Reverse: Jewish man standing right, hands tied behind his back and Jewish woman seated directly under a palm tree, mourning, IVD CAP, SC below the tree.

Last edited:
72 AD Roman Coin, actually dug it up in my yard as a 12(1973) year old, someone must have lost it, started me off coin collecting and eventually MD'ing. Authentic, but many thought to be reproduction due to it semi-clean and centered strike.
View attachment 3165View attachment 3166
Judaea Capta coins were issued by Roman Emperor Vespasian to celebrate the capture of Judaea during the first Jewish revolt against the Romans and the destruction of the Second Jewish Temple by his son Titus in 70 AD.
Obverse: Head of Titus, laureate, left: IMP T CAES VESP AVG P M TR P P P COS VIII
Reverse: Jewish man standing right, hands tied behind his back and Jewish woman seated directly under a palm tree, mourning, IVD CAP, SC below the tree.
Here's mine...

Challenge accepted! Here's mine...holed. Can't remember where I dug it.
Challenge accepted! Can't remember where I dug it. Holed too!IMG_20200501_174324664.jpg
IMG_20200501_174324664.jpg

IMG_20200501_174245091.jpg

Very nice, too bad about the hole, that would have broke my heart, still, one of the sweeter condition ones, surprised as these are fairly rare this particular coin.

I have not seen any info on winners, yet. Has anyone won?
Garrett is looking for best beach find now.
AND all they hype for the APEX in 4 more days....