Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pre order list

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
C

calabash digger

My buddy was number four on a preorder list. Hes not getting one the first go around ..

Neither am I, I'm 15 or so on a list, I still have the CTX to swing so, not a big deal.

You would be correct some have personal relationships with dealers and get certain info others cant.

I was told I'm number 10 on the list and only 1 800 is coming in first shipment. I ordered very early.

I am 3 or 4 on my dealers list and told me his dist says he only gets one from the first shipment as they want to make sure all dealers that have any ordered get at least one. My order was placed the same day it was announced he was taking orders and I E Mailed him with in a hour and ordered. At this time I was told that I would get the 3rd of 4th one he gets in as there were a couple before me that called or E Mailed him.
I was told when I ordered that if I find a better deal or one before he get one in for me to take the deal with no hard feelings, but I told him I will wait for my deal from him, and guess what it is the first time I ordered a detector from him, so there is no favoritism as I am not a repeat customer, but can be very easy.

Just like detecting we have to have some patience, if not this may not be the hobby for you.

Rick

I was # 2 on list and I am not getting one either my dealer said and he didn't seem to confident there would be more any time soon and if I could find another dealer with one no hard feelings.
I cancelled for now and will wait for reviews before I might purchase one later.
This roll out has been weird from the jumping out of the plane to dealers getting one detector ETC ETC.

I have used my dealer for most of my Detector purchases he treats me right and is a nice guy.
If I remember right he emailed me to see if I wanted one knowing I like to try different detectors out.
So for him to tell me what # on the list I was just seemed normal and is a reason I still use him for my dealer.
He also told me in the email he couldn't believe he is only getting one and is sorry to his customers and I know he means it too.

beegees said:
I am surprised by so many that have posted that even know what their position in line was and whether they would get one right away or not.

I had the one order with one dealer and I never could get any information what so ever out of them. I ended up calling two other dealers blindly, one large and one small local and just asking general questions and neither of those would offer any information on how many that dealer was getting or when. These calls happened on February 2nd (US Friday).

Are there any journalists that frequent here and this hobby? Maybe someone like that could dig in better and come up with a story on how this process went typically for customers this go around. "Metal Detecting: A Business Left Behind By Time"

My guess has been to logically assume that some of you repeat customers have a more personal relationship with your dealers having known them over time and are getting preferential information treatment for that relationship. Understandable, and yet still not helpful to some of us.

I got a call Sunday morning from my dealer. He said he is only receiving 3 units. Im number one on the list and number 2 ordered two units. I know Im receiving the first one late this week or early next week, is what he said. Im not sure how he is handling the other 2 units. Whether he will give units to #2 and #3, or both to #2.

This guy really wants on the pre order list https://youtu.be/r66QW3nzagE

I'm about #50 on my dealers list unless someone backs out.
That being the case, it looks like I will have a l-o-n-g wait to get mine.
Hopefully I'll get mine before the fall of this year.

undersc0re said:
This guy really wants on the pre order list https://youtu.be/r66QW3nzagE

I wouldn't worry guys there may be a lot for sell on the classifieds at a small reduced price . That's what I am hoping for anyway. in the mean time will keep using the DEUS . Have always been wanting a good light weight Minelab so I will wait , as Dad always told me good things come to He who waits

I was texted today by my dealer and he said mine will be coming in his first shipment before the end of this week. I am not a buddy of the Dealer either :) Although is he is a great guy to deal with.