Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Preferred tones

Ted S

I have been playing with the 600 in the house. Bear in mind that my hunting will be parks or fields. I was going through the tones and kid of like the 5 tone. I also put the volume up to 23 as my hearing is bad. I am ready to hunt if it warms up! I am not 30 anymore!! So...What tones do you like and why? Thanks! Ted

Ted........ im a water hunter so its a little different. I prefer 5 tones..... but use 2 as well on a clean beach. Im out there trying to reduce the noise as much as possible...... so no threshold..... i hunt in AM all the bins but iron are 25 volume...... 3 on the iron bin. It creates somewhat of a threshold and allows me to hear iron concentrations where other targets might be. Good pair of headphones can make the work of difference too.

I prefer the 5-tone for all my hunting. Good headphones are a must, especially if around wind or noise.

Thanks guys! Dew...I haven't water hunted since the 80s! Jason...I can see new headphones in the future. I think I may try a short hunt tomorrow as it is supposed to be in the low 50s. I just can't get over the light weight of this detector!

Ted,

One hunt with the default headphones and I bought the Gray Ghost waterproof and they were much better. But then I got the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter and now can use my ole Black Widows which to me, are the best on the market if you are hard hearing like me. The default headphones sound somewhat muffled to me and if you use Bluetooth feature, the pinpoint is likely to be off due to the latency, thus the reason for buying the GG underwater phones. I will be using them on the beach on vacation.

PryorCreekJoe

I took it out for its maiden voyage today. I went to the school yard that is pretty hunted out and has lots of dirt moved. Nothing exciting to report. 4 clad quarters and about a half dozen memorial pennies and an older political button. Also a couple of pieces of iron and a deep square nail. I was in park 1 and 5 tone with a sensitivity of 21. Volume was at 23. For my first out I am pleased. I can't wait to hit some fields.I hunted about an hour and a half and my arm doesn't feel like hamburger! Good luck everyone and HH! Ted

After so many years of using the Nautilus, I'll keep it simple using 2 tones.

The stock minelab wireless headphones in my opinion stink !!!

When i got my machine i hunted for awhile until i got some waterproof phones. I kind of like/was impressed with wireless phone and felt they were pretty good and comfortable especially compared to the ML yellows. Wear them babies for awhile. Id dare say most of us were........ then more information started coming out about the price and what could be had. So i dont think its the phones as much as the information and whats available that may make the less desirable.......again like the ML yellows there are better phones.

I have been using the wireless headphones that came with the Equinox 800, and I like them enough to keep on using them. Also, my preference is 50 tones, although 5 is not bad.