Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pretty good day with my first silver coin spill

Aurium

Thought I'd post a fun find from today. I was out trying some new territory, after seeing some fellow park hunters at one of my favorite spots, I decided that rather than compete I'd just change my location to a place I've been wanting to try for awhile and never got there last year. I'm glad I did :)

The 50 (1943) cent piece, and SLQ (1929) were in the same hole along with a 1941 Nickel. Really surprised me and my first "silver" coin spill. About 5 feet from there I found the Rosie (1961 D)

All in all not a bad day at all for an hour and 1/2 of hunting in a brand new (to me) spot.

10 DD coil, HiPro, RX 10, 5 Hz ground filter.. nothing to hot. (Silver is so pretty coming right out of the ground)

First picture is what I saw after I popped the sod over, glint of silver, dug out the 50 cent piece first, then rescanned the hole found the SLQ, and rescanned..found the nickel. The rosie, was at about 6 inches. different hole.

Oh this only my second SLQ I've ever found happy dance was in order :wiggle:

Great day indeed..... :clapping:

Wow congrats on an awesome coin spill!

Very nice! Thanks for the great pictures and congratulations on an excellent spot. Bet you're glad you zigged instead of zagging that day! The WLH looks to be in great shape!

NebTrac

Very nice pocket full of silver. I bet that would have bought a nice meal back in the 40's, or at least a few beers.:cheers: