Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Price of Equinox???

metalfun

Don't know if this is ok to post but I done a search on the internet and someone is selling the eq. 600 for $200 less than I paid for mine. In fact the 800 was less than I paid for the 600 new. I thought all the dealers had to stay in line with there pricing. Any comments? Thanks

Not all, I think, if you are a independent dealer, you can sell at what you want. I could be wrong, It pays to look around.

Not every seller gave the 15% military discount, so I sense a lot of room exists between sellers for discounts.

It's not just the equinox, they have other detectors.
I've seen those adds, they don't have a phone number or address that I can find. I'd stay away from those guys.

I just talked to a dealer that said it must be a scam, that price is under cost according to him. Not going to say the dealers name.

Thanks guys. I just went to google and typed in Minelab equinox 600 and the ad is still at the top. Just thought it didn't sound right. HH

At the beginning in order to get the Military discount one had to show their current ID or a DD-214. The info went to Minelab before a partial credit was given back to the dealer. I.e. the discount was split between the dealer and Minelab. This may have changed, I have not kept up with the particulars.

The low priced units may be a knock-off, similar to the Garrett's pin-pointers that many detectorsist found themselves with after buying at a very attractive price.

I uses to be a dealer for Minelab and other detectors until health issues and they have what is called the minimum advertise price (MAP) and you sign a contract with Minelab that you can not advertise lower than this, This is what most dealer advertise for and can not advertise for less than this. Now in person or at their shop they can make any deal they want as it is not a advertised so they can sell lower. It just makes it a even playing field for all dealers. To begin with Minelab had a contract that you could only sell to those that come to your shop and you could not send mail order, so they check the the address on the warranty card to make sure it was sold in your area, only Kelly-co could sell mail order. This I believe this was taken to court by a few dealers and then it was changed to the MAP pricing..
Many Minelabs and other detectors were copied and made in China and look real, but sold less and just junk so at one time
Minelab and other company's had a seal on the box to show they were the real deal.

I too am learning if it sound too cheap to believe it probably is and just a scam. I am still waiting for my Milwaukee cordless tools I ordered 2 years ago as they were a deal, but company disappeared a day after they said they were shipped.

Rick