Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Private land Premission

willynilly

Want to start hunting on private land. When you have ask premission are most people pretty good about it? What percent of the time do they NO or put so many restrictions on what you can keep that you wished they said no?

You always need permission or you're trespassing!

Gonehunting will have a section on his web site that addresses this. But normally I get the ok 80% of the time.

For me, it's about 50/50 or a little bit better. I do not ask permission till I've done some research on the history of the property or it's surroundings. That way, when I ask, I try to bring into the conversation the history which is a good ice breaker and lets the property owner know that you've done your homework and really enjoy your hobby.

I do not care if the property owner puts restrictions on what I can keep. As a matter of fact, I tell the owner that I will show him/her what I find and they can keep what they want. Even if they tell me upfront that I have to give them everything, I will detect anyway just for the fun of it and the chance that other opportunities may arise from my relationship with the owner.