Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro Gold headphones mod for Ctx-3030

jimmyzr1

Does anyone on here know how to modify the Sunray pro gold headphones with the yellow knobs for use with the Ctx? My friend told me there was a way to jumper wire them to turn off the external speaker. I don't want to have to buy a new set of headphones.

thing I don't get is with the right angled jack and the recessed socket on the ctx it cant spin and pops out not sure how everyone else's making the right angle jack work I put a straight one on my headphones no popping out, unless I am missing something on how to make the right angle jack stay in there ?

AJ

amberjack said:
thing I don't get is with the right angled jack and the recessed socket on the ctx it cant spin and pops out not sure how everyone else's making the right angle jack work I put a straight one on my headphones no popping out, unless I am missing something on how to make the right angle jack stay in there ?

AJ

Couldn't help with that, I never plug my phones into the detector. I always use the WM-10

Jason in Enid said:
amberjack said:

AJ

Couldn't help with that, I never plug my phones into the detector. I always use the WM-10

Don't want to hijack the tread but it has been mentioned here.
I have been curious about the people I see talking about plugging there headphones into the CTX for land use rather
than using the WM-10.
I have never once plugged my land headphones into the CTX.
I was starting to wonder if there was some performance advantage plugging directly to the detector.
Hope not because I love using the WM-10.
Bryan

D&P-OR said:
No performance advantage!----It's just a (perceived) convenience thing.

Weird.
My head being tied to my detector doesn't seem very convenient..

Funny how everyone views things differently.
Not a bad thing. Just interesting.
Bryan

Well-----It is interesting & you are right---people see things differently.------You like having your head tied to the WM-10 Module? :)----You are still not wireless in the true sense of the word.------I have used both (the WM-10 & the Sunray Pro Golds with the CTX switch).-----To me--it's just more convenient to plug the Golds into the CTX & have it over & done with.-----Same performance and one less thing to charge.
Bryan V said:
D&P-OR said:
No performance advantage!----It's just a (perceived) convenience thing.

Weird.
My head being tied to my detector doesn't seem very convenient..

Funny how everyone views things differently.
Not a bad thing. Just interesting.
Bryan

It might have something to do with the type of hunting or the different ways people dig their targets.
What bothers me about being tied to the detector is when you put down the detector to start digging.
The chord always gets in my way and end up pulling the detector on its side.
I just plug in to the WM-10 and clip it on the back of my belt.
With my headphone chord on my back its never in the way so I feel like I'm completely wireless.
I don't see my headphone chord all day.
Bryan

If the cord was a foot or so longer, I probably wouldn't use my WM nearly as much. I don't mind being tethered (usually), but prefer enough slack to be able to move around a bit during recovery. But I'm really pretty ambivalent over WM v tether.

I still don't get how everyone is keeping that right angled plug in the back on the CTX? I lasted 5 seconds just kept popping out.

anyway not to worry I tried the WM10 just another piece of gear I need to cart around with me maybe mine is a lemon but seemed like a lot of work to hook up get running and still didn't feel like it was working as well as plugging in to the machine.

but as I have heard on here so many times what ever works hey :biggrin:

I don't even know where mine is chucked it in the cupboard with the rest of the things that where a good idea that didn't work for me :lmfao: sure someone could have a ball in there !!

AJ

I use wm-10 with ear buds. Keeps me cooler on hot summer days and doesn't squeeze my head like headphones do.I use Sony ear buds and sound quality is great.

amberjack said:
I still don't get how everyone is keeping that right angled plug in the back on the CTX? I lasted 5 seconds just kept popping out.

anyway not to worry I tried the WM10 just another piece of gear I need to cart around with me maybe mine is a lemon but seemed like a lot of work to hook up get running and still didn't feel like it was working as well as plugging in to the machine.

AJ

Once it is paired you just turn it on and Bingo. What is so hard with that? The Normal Sunray Pro Golds don't need to be modded if plugging into the WM10 as the module itself turns off the detector speaker.

Well, I misplaced my wm-10 module and can't seem to find it now, so I've been having to plug it directly into the detector unfortunately. Problem is I've already gone through 3 or 4 cheap headphones. I hate to keep destroying all of my headphones though. I need to find my wm-10 soon though.

Overvoltage said:
I use wm-10 with ear buds. Keeps me cooler on hot summer days and doesn't squeeze my head like headphones do.I use Sony ear buds and sound quality is great.

I'll second that. It's my favorite setup too. Even cheap ear buds sound good, and with the WM-10 module you aren't forever jerking them out of your ears when you set the detector down.