Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro Swing 45 in the water

Minelab50

Has anyone ever used the ML Pro Swing in the surf or in shallow fresh water? If so, did it hold up ok?
I got a CTX for beach, fresh water and relic hunting and I need a harness.
Thanks

Just curious...do you find it heavier than the XS?

It would kill you in the surf...

A EASY SWING Bungee Harness or such. No metal to rust or cause interference and not such a drag in the water.

I just bought one for my CTX and did a lot of reading and research. From what I've read they have held up without issue after a few years of beach/surf hunting. Folks say they just rinse it off to remove any sand or salt water before putting it away. I'm assuming you're talking about wading and not about shallow diving.

IDXMonster/I can't truthfully answer that. My XS was one of the first produced and had the soft plastic and mine broke apart at the top part of the handle.
I have had it hip mounted ever since. I love the balance of the CTX but with two damaged lower disc in the lower back I just can't detect more
than 2 to 3 hrs. Hence a need for the harness.

Minelab50 said:
I can't truthfully answer that. My XS was one of the first produced and had the soft plastic and mine broke apart at the top part of the handle.
I have had it hip mounted ever since. I love the balance of the CTX but with two damaged lower disc in the lower back I just can't detect more
than 2 to 3 hrs. Hence a need for the harness.

Ouch! Yeah,I see your point...I can say it works awesome on land,it might really tow you around in surf though.

coherent/ I'l be in the surf or shallow water lake edge, I am a diver since 1972 but Doc's say no more sadly.

Minelab50 said:
coherent/ I'l be in the surf or shallow water lake edge, I am a diver since 1972 but Doc's say no more sadly.

I think you'll be fine then. Definitely takes the weight off of your shoulder, arm and back and evens things out. Makes swinging the detector effortless.
Have fun and good luck!

99% of my detecting is on Florida beaches and in the surf. I've used the ProSwing for several years and it holds up very well...no problems whatsoever. It is quality merchandise.