Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pro swing harness problem

smkunder

Just got a new Pro Swing harness 45, love using it but I seem to have a problem where the J strut goes together at the bend, keeps coming uncoupled, no matter how I seem to put it together. Has anyone else run into this, and what are the fixes. seems to happen after repetitive bending down to the ground . Other than that annoyance, I love swinging the CTX with this system.

Steve

yep had that problem also make sure it's adjusted out enough then I used electric tape on the joint where it comes apart one or two wraps should do it, it might work for you also, hope this helped

Make sure the rubber o-rings are there on the male connector, makes a big difference. Snugging the adjustable strap that is inline with the bar also helps.

rsarge1 said:
yep had that problem also make sure it's adjusted out enough then I used electric tape on the joint where it comes apart one or two wraps should do it, it might work for you also, hope this helped

Only thing I can add to this Sarge is that I was tempted to this early after getting the
pro swing but held off. Found that I did not have it adjusted the way I should have.
Re-adjusted it and reduced the amount of pulling apart problem by at 80%. Couldn't
stand that other 20% though so I taped mine also. Never had a problem since.

I did the tape trick, you guys suggested and it seems to be working. It sure does help with swinging the CTX for long periods at a time. Glad i purchased it.

glenn3-88 said:
rsarge1 said:

Only thing I can add to this Sarge is that I was tempted to this early after getting the
pro swing but held off. Found that I did not have it adjusted the way I should have.
Re-adjusted it and reduced the amount of pulling apart problem by at 80%. Couldn't
stand that other 20% though so I taped mine also. Never had a problem since.
+1 on the adjusting to fit properly to your body. Do not be afraid to extend the strut out just a little farther, as this will keep it in place when bending and reaching. I can say is it worked for me......no need for tape or any other fasting ....... the pro-swing is one of the best products out there !

Does anyone use this harness when detecting on the beach? i would like to get one for when I am doing wet sand but i would like to continue wearing it when i go back in the water. I was wondering how this would hold up in the water? Would saltwater ruin it?

Wearing in the water is a safety concern.... Don't want to be tethered to a machine if the current pulls you under...