Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro Swing thoughts

foreign object

I know that there are not many that use or need the Pro Swing Harness but for those that are here is a first try at making full use of the dollars spent.

I had some Velcro straps laying around an just stuck them on between the back straps on the Pro Swing.
Could be a lot better but just fast and simple.

Other thoughts on the Pro Swing is that it does not need all/any of the padding in the shoulder straps or waist band. All that must have come from someone who once wore a backpack or looked at one and thought that it was needed.

The harness does not really support that much weight and even if it supported 5 times what it will ever be used for all that padding is not needed. The padding just adds useless bulkiness and takes away from a good close comfortable fit. It will also collect and hold sweat,moisture and rain. We aren't backpacking here.

In my younger days I toted cane packs between portages with heavy loads up to two miles with only canvas straps. Wished I had something with padded shoulder straps back then. Not needed in this application.

Other views are welcome.

FO

I have the Pro Swing 45 for my E-Trac and after setting it to the proper adjustments for me, I will never hunt without it ! I have several coils (six) from the X5 to the large SEF 12x15 and with this harness I can swing the coil all day and into the next if need be , because I never even feel the weight of the detector or coil. I'm now able to swing with only two fingers and never experience the sore shoulder.elbow and arm issues as I had before. The harness IMO, is made very well and I have no issues with the design and the padding is a plus to comfort. Minelab got this right !! (You asked for thoughts.)

Don't get me wrong. I think it is well made and works very well. I just don't care for the padding but I'm sure others do.

I like how you made a simple way to carry a spare coil. I love my pro swing and would not hunt without it. I did not realize how heavy the e-trac was before I got a pro swing. I really like all the padding . There is nothing worse than a strap digging into your shoulder.