Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Probably been asked before..... But you beach hunters should know the latest and greatest!

KCK

Need your advise on what sand scoop is the best and easiest to use?
Thanks in advance.....KCK

I would get an aluminum scoop from RTG and have them add a stainless lip and a grab handle to it. Light weight , easy to grip when full and buried , and will dig through shell easily.

Good Luck HH

I like the RTG aluminum scoop for sand. It is light and made very well. Stainless scoops work much better when you are in an environment other than just sand (rocks,mud mixture of both) a stainless lip on the aluminum scoop works very well also. You decide what type of area you will be hunting in and get what you can afford. A good scoop will save a lot of time and make you a lot of money. Also get the biggest one you can handle. Now you are right back where you started. Which one? Good luck with your choice. HH :minelab:

Yes it has been asked several times in the last few weeks. It basically depends on the user, there are many opinions as well as scoops.

Stainless equals longer lasting and durability
Aluminium equals lighter weight and ease of use on long days.

As already pointed out an aluminum scoop with a stainless lip will give longer service than just aluminum. It all depends on the type of hunting you will be doing and the beach conditions.

If your going to hunt in the water you need a bigger mouth scoop. Reason: you want to try to get the target in the first scoop if possible, or as few scoops as possible. On a good sandy beach that is not rocky, an all aluminium scoop will give years of service.

It all boils down to 1. type of beach conditions 2. type of hunting 3. how much money you are willing to spend. 4. how much weight your willing to drag around 5. are you going to travel with it (ie) airplane, if so travel model to take apart. 6. Wooden handle, Fiberglass handle, Aluminum or Stainless

Many avid beach detectorist have more than one scoop and depending on where they are going to hunt decides which scoop to take. in the water or on the sand or at a particular beach that is full of rocky areas.

I use
RTG Aluminium
Nuttall Diamond Head

BCOOP

thanks for sharing your professionalism. I will purchase more than one now as your answers helped me to make the decision. Thanks fir time everyone!