Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem saving 'my modes.'

Gozoman

I bought the excellent E-Book 'Minelab E-Trac Detectors Made Simple By Steve Westfield.' I decided to load some of his programs into My Modes 1,2,3 & 4 which I have never used, but I must be doing something wrong as they never seem to be saved. What am I doing wrong here?

I press the power on button, then the menu button, then move across to the sensitivity button and input the settings, then audio and input settings, then expert and input settings, then move to User Modes and select save, choose my mode 1 and press the search button. However when I switch off and then switch on again and choose My Mode 1 the program has not been saved. Am I missing something here?

when you scroll down to save in "modes" once in mode 1 you have to hit the left or right button to enter it.. the discrimination screen your using at that time should appear in the box to the left of the mode 1...once that happens it is saved and you can hit the search button and use the program and settings you saved under mode 1. make sure your in the save section of modes and not the select... yes I have done that before thats how I know...;)

also... I only use the modes for saving different "settings"... I use save under discrimination for any different "patterns" I use... so I can use my favorite setting in modes and switch between different discrimination screens by selecting in discrimination. hope this helps

Last edited:
I use Mode 1 as my conductive multi tone coin settings, Mode 2 as my mostly open screen TTF (two tone ferrous) settings..... I can grab either of these in modes, and then switch over to discrimination select and select any of my hunting discrimination patterns. the E-trac will remember the settings that I chose in mode 1 or 2 until I go back into mode and switch it to something else...
EO3eFzc.jpg

OaOaNAW.jpg

I think the eTrac is going to be a steep learning curve for me. I've been using a White's Eagle Seirra Spectrum for over 20 years and I still find it hard to put it down so the eTrac hasn't seen a lot of use!
when you scroll down to save in "modes" once in mode 1 you have to hit the left or right button to enter it.. the discrimination screen your using at that time should appear in the box to the left of the mode 1...once that happens it is saved and you can hit the search button and use the program and settings you saved under mode 1. make sure your in the save section of modes and not the select... yes I have done that before thats how I know...;)

also... I only use the modes for saving different "settings"... I use save under discrimination for any different "patterns" I use... so I can use my favorite setting in modes and switch between different discrimination screens by selecting in discrimination. hope this helps
I think I see where I've been going wrong, or not as the case may be. I don't use patterns so nothing is appearing in the mode box and I'm assuming therefore it hasn't been saved! The programs I'm entering or trying to enter use all metal search in two tone and therefore I would only be digging the high tones and ignoring the low tones.

Reviving an old post, but I'm right where you were. I've had my Etrac for 2-3 years but I've never had to program it, my brother did that. He's now onto a Deus II so I'm trying to figure it out.

I have a few programs loaded in my machine and I'm showing pattern #2, which is what I want. I guess I just don't understand where patters live and how to switch them up. It's my understanding that Minelab programs can't be changed...I think. When I choose Minelab patterns, coins, can I assume that there's a stock program living there somewhere? I have these multiple programs that I loaded vis Xchange, but I'm not sure how to get to them since I have no My Patterns. I'm reading the Xchange manual and the Etrac manual but I'm just not grasping it for some reason. I've been detecting since 1972, but the Etrac has been a challenge. Not to use, but to understand its pattern programming.

Attachments

• Etrac patern.jpg
    Etrac patern.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 92
Reviving an old post, but I'm right where you were. I've had my Etrac for 2-3 years but I've never had to program it, my brother did that. He's now onto a Deus II so I'm trying to figure it out.

I have a few programs loaded in my machine and I'm showing pattern #2, which is what I want. I guess I just don't understand where patters live and how to switch them up. It's my understanding that Minelab programs can't be changed...I think. When I choose Minelab patterns, coins, can I assume that there's a stock program living there somewhere? I have these multiple programs that I loaded vis Xchange, but I'm not sure how to get to them since I have no My Patterns. I'm reading the Xchange manual and the Etrac manual but I'm just not grasping it for some reason. I've been detecting since 1972, but the Etrac has been a challenge. Not to use, but to understand its pattern programming.
click menu button
go to user modes with arrow buttons
down arrow once
right arrow once
down arrow once
right arrow once....
Here are the minelab factory modes

click menu button
down arrow once
right arrow once
down arrow once
right arrow once....
Here are the minelab factory modes
to see your patterns
click the menu button
go to Discrimination with arrow buttons
down arrow once
right arrow once
here are your patterns

to see your patterns
click the menu button
down arrow once
right arrow once
here are your patterns
to save your modes
click the menu button
down arrow twice
right arrow once
use down/up arrow keys to save as modes 1-2-3-4

to save your modes
click the menu button
down arrow twice
right arrow once
use down/up arrow keys to save as modes 1-2-3-4
To see it all
click the menu button
down arrow once
right arrow once
keep pressing the down arrow to scroll thru the options.