Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem With CTX Screen , Completely full of Red Dots??

Grumpyolddiver

Hunted a 1890's Three story Mansion today( The third floor was a Ballroom). Was doing Great...2-Merc's,3-Rosey's,A silver war nickel and a 1928 dog tag.(Dog house with dog looking out with a #20 ).Then went over an area where the detector went nuts........ The screen was completely full of red dots????? Thirty seven coins later I gave up!!! my knees would not take anymore.Will try again tomorrow.I finally turned off the detector and just used the Pro Pointer.This was in a 1'x1 1/2' square.All totaled there was $8+ in clad coins. Will post pictures tomorrow. Also one of the Rosey's read 12-38 ?? But was a high tone. Six inch's deep was the silver dime but there was a Nickle 1-2 inch's above it.Dig it all ! ! ! ! I was running with the screen wide open and digging anything above an iron grunt.Unfortunately there is also can slaw and foil all over to.I can't help but think there is some gold there somewhere. Grumpy

If the red dots do not go away when you turn the detector off it may be ticks or chiggers.:rofl:

It's crazy EMI, I've been to a couple sites where my ctx did that but my at pro and my DEUS went nuts as well!!!

I too have come across a few places like what you have described. After a little investigating, it turned out to be an old burn pile. Also found a lot of rust.

Iv had that EMI problem also on my CTX??? What can ii do to handle the EMI ????? Thanks ,Mickfin

I had that in a section fairgrounds I detect , it turned out to be area that had a million rusted out bottle caps . The caps were almost completely rusted away but I also got 10 silver dimes out of there didn't pay to look at the screen just went with audio . I think it mask all the coins that were there from anybody else before I got there . It looked like a constant meteorite shower on my screen . sube