Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with F75 LTD.........

tomjj

Ok I was out hunting today with the F75, with settings of DE mode, sensitivity 65, Discrimination set at 5, notch at 1. When I locate a target and pinpoint, the almost always tells me its deeper then it really is. It will tell me 5 inches and it really is 2 inches deep. Is there something I am doing wrong or is the F75 set up wrong? I have been out with the F75 before and never really noticed it not giving me the right debt. Any Ideas..............

Tom, pin point is "set" for coin sized targets. Usually penny/dime. Bigger or smaller targets will be off on depth. If it's on edge it will effect reading too. All machines are a bit off on pin point depth sometimes.

Don't forget there is often an air gap that exists between the coil and the surface of the ground and we never think to account for that when we estimate the depth of the hole. At least it took a while for me to remember to add that back in as I always measure to the top of the hole not the coil height. Hope that helps! :thumbup:
Tom

The design of the 11" DD coil, due to the nature of using overlapping coils to create a DD, will sometimes cause erratic/erroneous readings within 3 inches of the coil's bottom. If it sounds like a shallow target, try raising the coil 3 inches, then do depth reading.
Let us know if suggestion works or doesn't work.