Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problems upgrading from 4.0 to 5.2 Help

Digger 45

I can download the 5.2 program and save it, but when i run it, it download 4.0, i have deleted the 4.0 from my programs so there should not be anything in the memory. When i look in programs the 5.2 is listed and not the 4.0 but when i go to run it, it says 4.0 i hit browse but 5.2 is not listed, i have rebooted the computer several times and started over. What m i doing wrong. I'm not the best on windows wish we could do this on a MAC.

I think mine said the same thing but it changed in the remote. Update it and see if it changes to 5.2 in the remote

I should have told you once you turn the remote on the XP emblem will come up and near the bottom of it, it will say Deus V5.1 and then go to asking if you want the remote speaker on or off.You probably already knew that but in case you didn't, you know what to look for.

I made a mistake, it will say DeusV5.21

I went ahead and downloaded the up date even though it said 4.0 and it downloaded 5.21 on the RC so thanks for that comment all works fine now

Going to download 4.21 again i'm getting a lot of EMI with the 11 LF coil, never had this before i have tried everything but still a lot of noise, the HF coil is some what quiet. hope this helps

I downloaded 5.21 again it went through the complete download with no problems, updated the w5 headphones, the 11" coil and all went well, Problem still exists a lot of static or emi the detector works on targets but just constant squalling and not running quiet like it did on V4.0

Can't seem to find the way to go back and down load 4.0 would like to see if all is still good on 4.0 like it use to be.

Don't know if it will help but hold the coil up vertical about waist high and slowly turn around and look for the strongest EMI. Now restart you detector while facing in that worst direction to get a good noise cancel and see if there is an improvement.

Clean coil cover?
Sometimes wifi routers at the higher frequencies. I am assuming you checked this and tried to make adjustments to Sensitivity, Reactivity, Silencer, etc? The bigger coil means it is more sensitive to EMI. Try it in another area? Watch all the youtube videos and try everything. Sure you have the right coil number entered on the remote control?

Yes i have done all of the above, i even just used the w5 headphones with the RC off and still the same problem, i have used it at the beach on dry sand for over two years and no problems and then last week at the beach i turned it on and it went crazy, thought it was emi from cell phone s because the beach was crowded but it now does it everywhere i have hunted in the past, parks open land etc, i will call the xp deus service center today and see what i need to do to fix the problem.

Thanks for all the comments.

Called xp Deus and sent back my unit, after updating from 4.0 to 5.21 constant chatter they said it is probably from the update. Couldn't tell me of anything to do but to send the LF coil, RC and the headphones into them.So off they went today to be repaired.

Me too, my backup detector is not available right now, didn't realize how lost i am without a detector, silly but i do love detecting for some 35 years now not planning to quit very soon.

Digger 45 said:
Called xp Deus and sent back my unit, after updating from 4.0 to 5.21 constant chatter they said it is probably from the update. Couldn't tell me of anything to do but to send the LF coil, RC and the headphones into them.So off they went today to be repaired.

Sorry to hear about that. Next time find somebody with another computer who can help you. Or even go to a computer shop and pay them a few bucks to help you.