Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Production Equinox just landed in Monterey Mexico!

D&P --

LOL!

IDX --

I hear you, and I agree. It's an amazing machine. I don't think the Equinox is going to be a "magic wand" for ANYONE who truly knows how to use the CTX, or Etrac or Explorer for that matter. A very good complementary machine that excels in some areas over FBS? Yes. But for me -- like you -- I expect the CTX to remain my "workhorse" for a LONG time. WHY? Because it does, for me, things that other machines simply cannot do nearly as well (speaking of FBS in general) -- which is skillfully hunt deep coins, especially deep silver, in a highly proficient, highly accurate manner. The CTX is gradually, each hunt, proving itself to be an even more refined, more skilled, more precise FBS machine than my Explorers were. Maybe that's why my sense of "urgency" for the Equinox is not as great as it seems to be for some...

Steve

Gannon said:
Just anounnced makro detector and videos of performance test are everywhere. Minelab needs to learn from those guys about releasing information
Seriously.. Its like they sent test models out and said "oh by the way, you can't actually use it anywhere, just look at it."
Even with Garrett's AT Max botched roll out, they had many test videos. Everything I've seen on the Nox was by some Russian filmed with a bad flip phone! :ranting:

It's indeed odd that 90% of the videos have been from the eastern block.....

I know there are at least two qualified and honest field testers with one in the U.S., and they've been pretty tight lipped about it....citing NDA and all.....perhaps they don't adhere to the NDA in Eastern Europe?

That is a good observation Cal...here’s another one. I wonder,with the NDA...Whats in it for the testers themselves? Are they actually part time ML employees then? I suppose we may never know, but I think I know who you’re talking about when you mention the one in the US and yes,he’s very honest with his work!

A lot of frustration here, and I don't blame anyone except the manufacturer. Botched is too kind IMO. I like how some have the idea that:

MInelab made the Nox, then they tested it.

The Nox was made sometime ago and by Detectival, it was tested by Dr. Tones months prior(according to his reveal video).

Anyway, it should be any month now that we will get it. Any month now.

El chappo gets the first Equinox machine lol

Beyonder said:
A lot of frustration here, and I don't blame anyone except the manufacturer. Botched is too kind IMO. I like how some have the idea that:

The Nox was made sometime ago and by Detectival, it was tested by Dr. Tones months prior(according to his reveal video).

Beyonder, you seem to be implying that the Equinox was "done" prior to being introduced at Detectival.

However, that is not correct. YES, Dr. Tones had been testing it for months prior to Detectival; however, other testers (and probably he, as well) continued to test ADDITIONAL changes to the Equinox for months AFTER, as well. It was a "prototype" machine months before Detectival, it was a prototype machine AT Detectival (that was said multiple times AT Detectival -- even making it very clear that the machines there only had partial functionality), and it was a prototype machine for months AFTER Detectival.

There seems to be some confusion here about the iterative process that "testing of a prototype" by field testers actually is. It's a long, ongoing, back-and-forth process between engineer and testers, over a long period of time, with changes and adjustments and modifications and improvements ongoing through the entire process. This is NOT "abnormal," nor is it "botched." It's a very normal chain of events as a product goes from idea, to design, to prototype, through testing, to final production model.

Steve

sgoss66 said:

Beyonder, you seem to be implying that the Equinox was "done" prior to being introduced at Detectival.

However, that is not correct. YES, Dr. Tones had been testing it for months prior to Detectival; however, other testers (and probably he, as well) continued to test ADDITIONAL changes to the Equinox for months AFTER, as well. It was a "prototype" machine months before Detectival, it was a prototype machine AT Detectival (that was said multiple times AT Detectival -- even making it very clear that the machines there only had partial functionality), and it was a prototype machine for months AFTER Detectival.

There seems to be some confusion here about the iterative process that "testing of a prototype" by field testers actually is. It's a long, ongoing, back-and-forth process between engineer and testers, over a long period of time, with changes and adjustments and modifications and improvements ongoing through the entire process. This is NOT "abnormal," nor is it "botched." It's a very normal chain of events as a product goes from idea, to design, to prototype, through testing, to final production model.

Steve

I was referring to the release in regards to "botched".

I knew that the Nox was a prototype and wasn't finished. But I didn't think three more months were required.

I took part in testing prototypes, I am aware of the procedure.

I'm so sure I wouldn't see a EQ. until late spring that I took my "899.00" and used it for part of a down payment on a Deck/Fishing boat. Sand sucks along the Grand Strand. Just get a used AT Pro and use my Excal In the salt. Minelab is snoozing and losing. Sure they will stay awake at night over this. lol