Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Program spreadsheet

This spreadsheet has some features that make it a snap to set up your V3...

http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/display.asp?page=Program_SS

program_ss.jpg

HH!
TBGO

Excellent spread sheet my friend, but I have allready told you that !!!!

Thanks guys. I'm working on v2.0 that has all the color menus exploded with full descriptions (should be fun since their is no documentation). I'm going to try to make it so that the spreadsheet has a color picker for the color menu items...you should be able to pick the approximate color for each screen item for the V3 (I know this is not really that important, but I seem to have a need to fully understand the menus).

The setting comments will also include the Coin default value.

Excellent spreadsheet. I saved both the original, and a copy that I am using to customize my programs. Is there a way you can add custom icon choices to the Custom Icon settings? It owuld be really cool if a graphic showing all the choices was included.

Also, would it be ok if I link to it from my personal site? I am in the process of adding V3 links to my resource page.

Thanks!
Neil

Chris, you have been busy !! This must have taken ages my friend, but once again top marks and thank you....

Dave

Beep......Been messing with this in expert menu. Now all my accepted VDI numbers are the same in all programs.0-95.
Restored each program with the library copy. All have a check mark in front, but still all have the same accepted range. What have I done?....Coach C

Hi coach - Hmmmm...not sure. Restoring a library program should overwrite everything except the Global Settings. Unless, you saved your modified factory programs and it is now using those versions as the default version (see bolded text below). If you changed your Setup settings to include Discrimination in Common, that might also cause it.

I would walk through the steps below and make sure that you are selecting the library factory program(s) to restore...and double-check the Discrimination > VDI Select By > VDI > Edit values. Don't forget to restore Common as well. I have reset my v back to "factory settings" by simply going down the list and selecting/restoring each program to factory/library values. I had to do this when creating the spreadsheet several times when verifying values.

I have a feeling I'm missing something here, but it's propbably something simple.

Note: If you try to Store a factory program in the library there is no Save button, so it is impossible to overwrite the factory programs in the library.

From the manual (page 29)...

Spectra keeps copies of all the original factory programs in its Library. The modified and Saved program
automatically becomes the default version immediately available from Live Controls and both Menus under PROGRAMS.

There are ten Programs kept within the standard PROGRAM listings (Live Controls, Menu, and Expert
Menu). However, many more PROGRAMS can be kept in the Library. Keep the most used PROGRAMS under
standard PROGRAMS, and store the less often used PROGRAMS in the Library.

Beep.....I had restored all programs, got a check mark on each, but they still had the wrong VDI's. Went back in and restored Common and all the VDI's went back to where they were supposed too. Thanks......Coach