Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Program spreadsheet

All I can say ...WOW. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this spreadsheet, and even more importantly, sharing it with us!

I thought it might be helpful if I modified the V3 spreadsheet by adding a tab for custom programs created by members of the V community. This info would be part of the V3i speadsheet as well.

So, if you have or know of a program that you find useful, send me a PM or post it here (the program particulars, or a link to the info). I thought this might be easier than crawling the web for the info, although I will probably do some of that anyway.

Regards,
Beep

your original spread sheet was awesome. I now have the V3i upgrade. Please let me know when your updated spreadsheet is available.

B

I have looked at the V[sup]3[/sup]i and it is quite different. It might take a while, but this is the plan:

• Common will have its own tab and settings will be able to be propagated to any or all programs according to Common Exclude rules (by selecting the desired programs and clicking a button). The spreadsheet will behave more like the machine this way and you will be able to make large changes quickly. You will also know, just by looking at the spreadsheet, which settings are part of which exclude category.
  • The collapsible sections of the spreadsheet will mirror the Expert Menu collapsible sections.
  • Add library programs to spreadsheet (Alluvial Scan, Beep-Dig, Coin, MXT).
  • Modify menu structure.
  • Verify values.

Jeff and Anne at White's provided the specific settings included in each Common Exclude category, which is information that, as far as I know, hasn't been published. Once I map the variables to the menu items I will post the information. This information was required to implement the Common Exclude features in the spreadsheet accurately.

Greetings,

I have owned a V3i for a few weeks (quite different from my Bounty Hunter) and I'm interested in the customs programs in your spreadsheet.
I have to admit I'm a bit confused. First, I've noticed that the V3i does not have a "coin" program, only "coin and jewelry".
Is this an advantage or a disadvantage. Second, to take advantage of your spreadsheet, does one simply enter the expert menu and change each parameter to match what is in the spreadsheet columns for the desired program?

I'd appreciate any advice, as I've never attempted to customize pre-packaged programs.

Thanks,
Bill in OK

The "COIN" program is in the V3i. Look in the library. Have fun with the V3i...read the manual.

Jerry

Yep ... I saw it in the list in the manual ... just loaded it .

B