Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

programing without coil

Tbone1

Curious as to whether you can have just the control part on and do program adjustments or what have you with no coil connected.
Have a new V3i and spend considerable time sitting in my truck in ferry boat lines and would like to be able to just have the control box and touch pad in the cab and be able to run through adjustments etc.
Any harm in that?
Thanks

Howdy Tbone1,

The only harm that I could see would be getting a ticket for distracted driving or getting rear-ended by someone texting and driving. :devil: . Customizing a program though, without a coil on, wont hurt your detector. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I second BS, no harm.

Been programming mine inside without the coil since 2009, no problems here.