Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Projectile ID

That is one of the wierdest cartridges I have ever seen...Any markings around the primer area???

HH,

Gopher, I have not seen this thing physically. My son sent the pictures and as he described it, it is solid and not
a cartridge. I also thought that was the primer, but he assures not. The whole thing is the projectile and what
appears to be rifling almost the entire length. Strange it is.

I was also thinking arrow tip, but I have never seen anything that long except for bow fishing tip, and those have the wings on em...Is it heavy? Does it feel solid or hollow?
Kinda hard to get answers being your a 3rd party I guess...

HH,

Could this be a weight from a clock?

The end appearss if it might have been a attachment point. A plumb bob ?

Two long to be a bullet.

Maybe some sharper focused pictures might help us. How heavy is it?

Does it take 2 AA's ?? :rofl:

LOL...I was actually thinking the same thing...talk about pocket rocket...lol

HH,

edjcox said:
Could this be a weight from a clock?

The end appearss if it might have been a attachment point. A plumb bob ?

Two long to be a bullet.

Maybe some sharper focused pictures might help us. How heavy is it?

Does it take 2 AA's ?? :rofl:

It seems like I had something like that in my youth. Maybe toy ammo for a toy bolt action rifle?

Larry (IL) said:
It seems like I had something like that in my youth. Maybe toy ammo for a toy bolt action rifle?

The kids came to visit and brought the "mystery bullet". I cleaned it up a bit and it is light, solid, and not
as big, at least to me as it appears in original photo, about 2-3/4 in. long and almost 1/2 in. dia.
It registers 00-27 on the SE Pro and 85/86 on the AT Pro, pretty sure it is aluminum. I think Larry
got it right. Thanks to all for the interest.