Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ProPointer

capt.

Being delivered today. My arsenal is complete. To bad I can't use it for 16 days.... But I'll have it when I get home! :cheers:

You will love it. I just recently got one, too. I hunted 38 years without ever using one and wonder now, "what was I thinking." HH jim tn

Let us know how you like it, I may have to break down and buy one.

Heh Ken , I fought buying one for the longest time...even used a harbor Freight cheapo till it broke. My hunting partner bought one and I used it one time and was hooked. Seriously' I would not think about going detecting without my Propointer...only Garrett product I have ever bought...and prolly ever will.

it's the "right" color too!..(lol!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

i used the propointer that thing is sweet i need one lol my new delta is coming with a pinpointer ill have to see how good it is but the propointer has got to be the best out there hands down a litte pricey but how long do u want to look for whats in the hole lol

Thanks I'm thinking about the Garrett or the Pistol probe

look as if Garrett has come up in the world !

I wish I had bought my pro pointer a long time ago, I spend much less time recovering my finds than I use to and if the target is shallow you know the exact spot to dig. Jimmie

Not a big fan of Garrett detectors....that's my opinion.......but the Pro Pointer rocks. Real quality build and performance. You will LOVE IT.
But I will tell you this Capt.........when I turn it on......it makes my Teknetics T2 go all squirrly and noisy. Have to take my headphones off. Don't be shocked if it happens with your Teknetics unit. Not saying it will. Doesn't have this effect on my White's Silver Eagle. This may simply be due to the T2's higher operating frequency as its a gold machine first and relic/coin hunter second.

Let me know if it has any effect like that on your Teknetics machine. Would appreciate the input.

I don't recall that the Pro Pointer has any effect on my Omega, or F 75 LTD, either. Unless, of course, I've laid the coil down within a few inches of the dirt or hole. The Omega has a lower frequency then the T 2, but I believe the T 2 and F 75 have the same. HH jim tn

TerraDigger said:
Not a big fan of Garrett detectors....that's my opinion.......but the Pro Pointer rocks. Real quality build and performance. You will LOVE IT.
But I will tell you this Capt.........when I turn it on......it makes my Teknetics T2 go all squirrly and noisy. Have to take my headphones off. Don't be shocked if it happens with your Teknetics unit. Not saying it will. Doesn't have this effect on my White's Silver Eagle. This may simply be due to the T2's higher operating frequency as its a gold machine first and relic/coin hunter second.

Let me know if it has any effect like that on your Teknetics machine. Would appreciate the input.

I know that at certain times when I activated my harbor freight PPointer my Gamma would crackle in the earphones, other times it would not and I was never able to figure out why. I have 6 days left before I go home and I will update this thread with whether the ProPointer bleeds over to my Gamma or not. Thanks for posting guys!

Capt.

Is there a newer version of the Garrett Pro Pointer coming out? How does this compare with the Detectorpro Pistol Probe? Which is the better unit?

I have (had) a pistol probe......the button is a weak point. Mine quit working recently. I will try the Garrett now......hunting without a pin pointer set me back to to the time of square wheels...lol

I am new to this so bear with me please. Congrats on ordering the ProPointer. I am new to this and late last summer I bought a Garrett Ace250 but also bought a ProPointer. Well, the Garrett is sitting and I now have the Gamma 6000 and today used it and found three quarters, a nickle, a dime and four pennies plus.....some junk. But the best part was using the ProPointer to find the treasures. It roots around in the dirt to save time and effort.

The ProPointer is definitely a top notch pin pointer. Looking forward to using it tomorrow and reporting back. Happy hunting guys!

Hey TerraDigger, didn't know which one of these posts you would look at so I will post it here also...There was NO interference between the Gamma and the Pro Pointer. None, nadda, zip, zilch, zero!

Capt.