Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Props to King Dufus and the Dorkmaster

marcomo

OK, I know this subject has been pounded into the ground and multiple times I've posted my thoughts about the negative effect on the hobby from these two guys and their moronic antics on "Diggers"

The show is set to record on my DVR and at the end of the last couple seasons I've erased a double digit amount of programs that I had no interest in watching.

But when I notice new shows I like to check out any new season changes. The show I just watched was typical, over the top staged excitement about finding a time capsule with an old Steve Jobs mouse in it.

The good thing I can say was at the end of the show they made the comment - if you detect, show respect and gave website info.

It took four seasons, but finally at least a slight nod to detecting ethics.

Those two guys on diggers are goofs; screaming, yelling and rolling all over the place. Probably to create interest in the program.

The issue i have is that all those great 'easy' finds they dig up will cause some of the masses to buy detectors and many of them will leave open holes and/or horse sh_t plugs leading to more and more bans for metal detecting in public areas.

Never seen those goofs detailing on how to dig and replace a proper plug either, just sticking their digging knife's in the ground and then rolling around after a find.
I sure hope if the show continues, that detector company which supplies their detectors looks into this. It would be in their best interest to keep the hobby alive in the long term.

And never mind they get special permissions to detect those historic sites, sites that most to none of us here could ever dream of.

I would not watch those rectal orifices if you paid me to do so!. They cost me the opportunity to detect a one acre lot where the home owner believes that Confederate troops camped during the Civil War. The male member of the household had seen one of their shows.

It also bugs me that Garrett brags that those Idiots use their equipment.

Cant help but read this thread and laugh! :clapping::rofl: then cry...:cry:

For some reason, their show had some staying power over the rest of the detecting shows that came out...'course so has Honey Booboo...:shrug:

If everyone who finds the "Diggers" show to be offensive would send a polite email explaining our distaste for their antics to

comments@natgeochannel.com

Maybe just Maybe it would do some good.

GeorgeinSC said:
If everyone who finds the "Diggers" show to be offensive would send a polite email explaining our distaste for their antics to

comments@natgeochannel.com

Maybe just Maybe it would do some good.

I doubt it. I complained to a couple cable channels regarding those annoying logos of theirs ALWAYS on the bottom right of the screen, except during commercials..go figure! At the time i had a big crt tube projection TV which is prone to burn out with lasting static images. They didn't care, in fact them dam logos are getting bigger and bigger little by little. :ranting:

Far as those two idiots on diggers.....i said enough!

I was set to go on probably the coolest detecting adventure I'll ever get to do...then that show came out. Overnight everything evaporated! I can't detail the site, nor the affiliation that enabled me to have the opportunity, but the disappointment was incredible.

Having said that, I like the guys. I don't like the antics but I know that's part of reality TV. I constantly have to tell people that my friends and I are NOT like those guys at all. Yet, apart from the show, they are great friends and like to be silly and keep things fun. That's what I like. I really wish the screaming and forced antics would stop, but how can they? That's the show now and if they quit that, the ratings go. I'd like to the show evolve a bit and show the proper recovery methods and other good behavior, but I'm not holding my breath.

Damage to the hobby-hard to say. I meet people all the time that are way more interested and open to me detecting. Of course my adventures are 90% backcountry stuff where no amount of screaming would be heard! If I find any of the things I seek, there probably will be some antics though! I believe they would be warranted...even though I still have no intention of eating dirt, rolling around, or swinging from any trees! A little Walter Huston dance won't hurt anything!

My Father has been hunting since the 80's with a Garrett ADS, and I have been hunting for 10 years myself with a Garret GTAx1250- but frustratingly as a young man I get grouped into being a neophyte/newbie as swept into this 'Diggin' -induced wave.

I hate when people say to me: "Did you start doing this because of that TV show?" :ranting: