Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PROTECT YOUR CONTROLLER

MINELABBOB

MUDDY SPRING

will be here before you know it. keep them $900.00 controllers clean. muddy fingers will scratch the screen and may get into the speaker area.

here i use a sealer bag that can be cleaned with a damp towel and, can be reused over until i gets played out. at that point i will make a new one.

this cover cost pennys and can be removed any time to charge or to remove any condensation that may form at temp. changes.

good hunting !! bob

I have a sealer...are you completely sealing the controller? If so, are you able to attach to the unit without tearing the bag? My vacuum unit is a commercial one and I'm wondering if it might pull too much of a vacuum on the unit.

I DONT THINK
you will have a problem putting a vacuum to the controller, but you wont be able to connect to handle. condensation will form with temp. change and you will want

to remove. so i leave it open on the bottom and fold and tape. this is a easy way to keep clean and the $$ is nothing. they sell covers for 20$ but something is

better then nothing. all i am saying is to protect your controller and save big $$$ down the road. i had a spill in the shop, and it got on my CTX and it put me out

of action and out of pocket $$$$.

bob

I use a cell phone dry pack. They cost about 10 bucks on Amazon and are waterproof to 100 ft. The 4" x 6" size is a perfect fit, but I the larger sizes seem to be better quality. I wear it around my neck and flip it up to view the screen or make changes. It does get in the way when I dig, but spinning it around to my back remedies that. It beats an $800.00 splash in the surf or a creek.

bjones8103 said:
I use a cell phone dry pack. They cost about 10 bucks on Amazon and are waterproof to 100 ft. The 4" x 6" size is a perfect fit, but I the larger sizes seem to be better quality. I wear it around my neck and flip it up to view the screen or make changes. It does get in the way when I dig, but spinning it around to my back remedies that. It beats an $800.00 splash in the surf or a creek.

Yes, a good quality cell phone case is the best way to go - mine has a locking door and is waterproof down to 100 ft.
You just glue or velcro the "puck" that comes with the Deus to the back of the case.
I keep my remote in this case all the time - I just take it out when the weather is good and leave it in when the weather is bad.

Do a search - there were a bunch of posts and photo's of this cell phone case in this forum about a year ago.

Good Luck !

http://www.scottishdetectorist.co.uk/Deus_Waterproof_Cover/p1526101_8550282.aspx

[attachment 327579 deus14.jpg]

Fair winds

Micheal

HI MICHEAL

looks nice ! but how will it hold up after 1200 hrs. with muddy fingers pressing on them buttons??? that is the only problem that i see with them covers.

my make-shift cover after 40 hrs. with dirty hands pressing on them little buttons have worn almost through the plastic. it needs to be made out of

so many mm./ ply. or you will put holes were the buttons are. i guess if you are a weekend hunter it will last, but for me 35-40hrs a week i will burn

holes were the buttons are.in no time. but thanks 4 your idea , and let me know how it holds up. any other feedback is welcome

thanks BOB

PS love them words yes true love never dies !

This is what some of us did in the UK and elsware a couple of years back.

When iPhone 4s became 5 we purchased the aryca.eu 100% waterproof case and attached them to a slave XP Deus top fitting.

When and if the screen gets opaque with sun and aging we just replace the facial cover by sliding out the securing pin.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

HI JERRY

how is it holding up ! with all the dirty hands land hunting. that may be what i need if it holds up. i guess you can press the buttons with no problem??

that may work 4 me and keep it around my neck and off the detector. so you can buy new covers or do you have to buy the hole case wen you want to

put on a new facial cover. ?? ok thanks so the 1-p4 is the size

STAY SAFE AND GOOD HUNTING

BOB

Hi Bob,

I purchased mine using eBay and yes I throw away the back case only replacing the front cover.

They do come with a lanyard if the user wishes to carry it around the neck.:thumbup: Jerry.

PS When the iPhone was popular these cases cost a small fortune but nowadays those remaining ones are quite cheap.

HERE IS MY LATEST BRAIN STORM

comes in the form of a armband and can be used many ways to protect your controler for 10$ shipped from amazon.

if any one would like to try it out its called UNIVERSAL ACTIVE ARMBAND from SPEKTRUM i phone 4/4s

here are some photos of how it can be used first as a wrist/ armband next we can cut the back and have it sit on the

deus. like normal or we can remove the strap and hang it from your neck with a strap. the NEGATIVE its not waterproof !

but it will keep a lite rain off the controler. and keep it clean. and the price is A-OK

give it a try and let us know how it works out

bob