Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Protecting the Coil

Dign-nbama

New Member here, just wanted to share how over the past few years I've protected my Coil with neoprene, the pictures should speak for themselves, but if they don't just ask and I'll try to answer... Notice how I cut it a little larger than the actual coil, just in case I bump into something it will not damage the coil. It hasn't compromised detection yet. The only thing I can say is you have to allow for an additional 1 inch on depth when you have your target located, as a general rule...

It looks like it works well.

Looks good,
I made a protector out plexi glass, traced out the coil and zip tied it to the coil and seems to work great also, Just another idea.

I've owned mine around 12 years and have never used a cover. I take no special care of it other than a wipe with a damp rag. I'm always banging it on rocks and like to scrub the ground with it. It's scratched up a bit, but I see no need to change my thinking. A cover might keep it cleaner but it collects material and adds weight. Maybe if I hunted a lot more I'd sing a different tune. I have no interest in selling it, and used prices for the model I own aren't high enough that a pristine coil would make much difference.

Use one or not, it's up to you, but it's not a must-have accessory.

-Ed

dign-nbama said:
New Member here, just wanted to share how over the past few years I've protected my Coil with neoprene, the pictures should speak for themselves, but if they don't just ask and I'll try to answer... Notice how I cut it a little larger than the actual coil, just in case I bump into something it will not damage the coil. It hasn't compromised detection yet. The only thing I can say is you have to allow for an additional 1 inch on depth when you have your target located, as a general rule...

I just noticed I didn't say what coil this fit,, this is my Bounty Hunter Landstar Coil.. ooopps... Since this is the Bounty Hunter Forum....

never used a cover either , don't plan on it, and out of all the detectors ive had i have never worn out a coil either.