Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pull tabs

Rrnp

Is there anyway to discriminate pull tabs without missing out on gold. Most pull tabs seem to hit 12-15. Should I take 12-15 out? Is there a way to pull tabs before digging for example numbers jumping.

None that I know of. I don't care though, I disc them out too unless I'm beach hunting.

This 11.4 gr. 18k ring was a perfect 12-17--tab central. If you have a ton of small tabs at a site, knocking out 16 and 17 is not a bad idea though. The depth of a response is key too.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

You could loose some gold in that range......... but dirt hunting it may well be worth your time to do so. I guess that depends on what you are looking for. You can make a pattern for about anything or LEARN and disc a single target. On a beach dry sanding even, MOST people come away at best with one gold every now and then at 12-16 and dig a heck of a lot of pull tabs. There is a LOT bigger chance of finding that occasional ring on a beach. TIME always seems to be the issue when having to dig a lot of targets. BUT..... if you find a gold ring.......you will unlikely disc them again. We like surprises.

Dew

Around here in Missouri dirt, pull tabs can be anywhere from 12-10 up to 12-30. Dig it all. I will note that if you listen to the tones, you can get pretty good at discerning a pull tab from another item, especially beaver tails. Both give you almost a double-hit sound as the coil goes over the front and back part of the tabs. Practice and listen for that warble because it most likely indicates a tab. Solid tones tend to be solid objects like coins, rings, can slaw, small caliber bullets, etc. But best practice, especially in a jewelry-rich environment, is to dig it all.

I still haven't found a Gold Ring with my CTX. I plan to change that this weekend because I will be digging it all. My gut feeling is that sometime soon, I will report I finally found my first of many gold rings with my CTX. I have just been ignoring the pull tab target IDs in the past, but that is now a thing of the past. I do not live at the beach, but I have permission to detect where many parties have been held. These areas are filled with thousands of tabs. I have plenty of time on my hands and 7 detectors to choose from. I going to go with my CTX for the sake that I want to be able to say I finally made my first gold find with it. Plus it is so sensitive to metal trash as well as metal treasure. It is plain and simply a fantastic machine and I am really proud to own it. Another beautiful fact is I do not have to travel hundreds of miles to search for folks to give me permission to search for small gold flakes or nuggets that may or may not be present on their land. All I have to do is patiently dig pull tabs and other metal trash a few miles from where I live and know that there is a better than even chance that I WILL Find Many Gold Rings. : clapping: