Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulled the trigger on a XP Deus 2

I have no idea how long you’ve been hunting, what you hunt, where you hunt….any of that. All I can say is that if you take the time to be able to navigate through the menus this machine has the potential to really elevate your hunting in general. But it takes a commitment to learn the menus. It really is the machine that changed my hunting in ultra trashy/nail infested old fairgrounds and other heavily hunted public areas looking for old silver. Just incredible.

Yes , learn lots of shit to screw up ,find a tone pitch u like and just do stock programs., The silver slayer program is a really good program.and a us coin program. I have only three I use . I found that different programs will give you different numbers so I have three programs in different frequencies that are right next to each other that I could move up or down to check Numbers if wanted but this is a sound machine learn the sounds. The machine is so good it can be overwhelming.

Master the stock programs, learn the machine from that first before making tweaks. I have had it year, fiddle with some tweaks, but for the most part still running stock and it has done me well. Just my opinion.

Add all the fancy programs try them out they always can be deleted. Learning them fancy programs teaches you the machine it’s nice because when you turn it off all the stock programs go right back to stock. Try all try all the different sounds everything dig it all.lol only look up the program silver slayer if you are in the United States it is quiet and will pick it all up deep. Pay close attention to reactivity really makes a difference.YouTube is your friend .....

Add all the fancy programs try them out they always can be deleted. Learning them fancy programs teaches you the machine it’s nice because when you turn it off all the stock programs go right back to stock. Try all try all the different sounds everything dig it all.lol only look up the program silver slayer if you are in the United States it is quiet and will pick it all up deep. Pay close attention to reactivity really makes a difference.YouTube is your friend .....
Spot on for high conductors in the US….Silver Slayer!

Make a test garden. It will help you learn depth in your soil. Read the users manual and understand what each adjustment does, so you don’t fiddle with things in the field to mess up your hunt.

Now that I have a xp deus 2 in my hands where would you recommend me starting with it ?
In places you've hunted out with other detectors if you wish to see its capabilities.

If you are an audio based hunter, I don't recommend wading into an iron infested area until you get used to it.
I did that and was frustrated at first. It is not the Deus-1 in that regard, it takes a little learning curve.
Once I got comfortable, I made some awesome finds and many firsts where coins are concerned, and all in areas I've hunted heavily over the years with other detectors including the D1.

I hunt mainly coins and jewelry. When it gets hot outside I like wading in the water Lakes and rivers where people swim. I also go to the beach (pacific ocean) side. Once in a while I go out prospecting along the sierras or out to the desert. :) Yeah

Reactions: Ism
Watch some videos on youtube Gary from XP and calabash he shows v9ideos of it on the beach if your plan on
using it on one I had a D1 got the D2 its a great detector I prefer the 9" coil over the 11.
mark

That is what I got the 9 inch coil with the ws6 headphones on the xp deus 2 . I am a strong believer in the smaller coils for each machine I own. I have found my best treasure ever with a small five inch coil.
But for now I need to ad some tone breaks on it.

I bought my DEUS 2 11 months ago after using a Minelab for the last 15 years. The DEUS 21 is a great machine once you get used to it. In the woods I use General with my tweaks and Silver Slayer (which is great even relic hunting in high iron, but it will kill your coil battery). On the beach I use tweaked Beach senstive and Beach when I am tired of tiny aluminum rivets.

I started with the 11" initially and just got the 9" for the really iron loaded areas at the old plantation sites.

This is a great machine and I haven't touched my Equinox 800 since I got the DEUS.

I have no idea how long you’ve been hunting, what you hunt, where you hunt….any of that. All I can say is that if you take the time to be able to navigate through the menus this machine has the potential to really elevate your hunting in general. But it takes a commitment to learn the menus. It really is the machine that changed my hunting in ultra trashy/nail infested old fairgrounds and other heavily hunted public areas looking for old silver. Just incredible.
I second the notion. This is like no other machine. Just wow!