Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pulled the trigger today

StephenA

I have been lurking here for sometime trying to decide on a new Detector. I narrowed it down between the Safari, because of the relative simplicity of using it. The E-Trac due to its popularity and versatility . The CTX 3030 because it is the latest and greatest. I haver owned Xplorers in the past and more recently a Deus XP user. I finally decided to come back to FBS and rid my life of so many detectors. I am keeping my Troy X2 for fun but for any serious detecting I plan on using the CTX. I am going to commit to becoming proficient in using this bad boy with the help of this forum and practical application one step at the time. I am going to do a blog on this process from day one! Should be fun and interesting. Thanks to all of you that already helped and inspired me to buy this detector. I should have it on Tuesday next week.

And a very merry xmas you are going to have! :thumbup:

Well, I got a brand new AT Pro and Safari, one bought in February of this year and the other in June
and finally decided to get the CTX in August. I still have the AT and Safari. Thought I would keep them
until I was positive about the CTX. Well, after 4 months of the CTX under my belt, I went back to both of
the other 2 detectors. Both are ultra easy to set up and go hunting. After about 2 weeks of using both the
AT Pro and Safari, I have concluded that the best all around detector is of course the CTX. There are things
about the other 2 that I love that may cause me to keep them. The AT Pro is so much faster to me on return
than either of the FBS's, however, not as reliable on ID'ing past 4", not as well balanced, not as deep, absolutely
cannot use near beach/salt water. The Safari is deep, not as balanced, slowest on return of all 3, ID is good at
depth but harder to distinguish between bottle caps, pull tabs, nickels & gold, but will find things the other 2 may
miss, will miss things the CTX will ID due to close proximity of nickels, gold, pull tabs, and foil. But, most of all,
you will see that light colored splatter when there is an iffy target. I feel so much more confident when I get on
my knees to dig with the CTX. You will be pleased.