Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulse delay?

Here is a question I noticed on another forum posted Aug 2012. No reply was given. Can anyone give an answer?

"The 8 settings on the GPX5000 do they represent pulse delay? Coin & Relic being high delay time of say 50-60 usec and Fine Gold being low at around 10-15 usec? I only ask because I took my GPX on the beach for the first time and at last found a use for the Coin & Reliv mode as it wont GB on any of my soil inland. The setting worked wonders on the sand both wet and dry recovering coins at unbelievable depths but no gold, so I was wondering if the pulse delay is set at a high rate and therefore not suitable for gold rings?"

You can get a rough idea of a set pulse delay by listening to the response in saturated salt sand.
If there is no response in these conditions then it is likely that it running a higher pulse delay (15

Hi mate. I used a GPX on the beach and it worked great. Don't know what pulse delays it uses but their pulses are in the several thousands per second bracket. It'll find rings.
They don't like getting salt spray on them though and it can kill a machine like a GPX as they were not made for salt environments like beaches. I kept mine covered in a plastic bag. Saw a machine once that got some salt spray on it and it didn't look good. I didn't do much beach detecting as it was only a thing to do whilst I was there at the time, not a hobby. But yeah, they work great on them. Just keep it well protected.

Ah, the magic of Minelab! Everyone else is basically stuck with a pulse delay control. Minelab has timings, and the timings are various mixes of Multi Period Sensing (MPS). From Minelab:

"MPS (Multi Period Sensing) is Minelab

In Virginia, I have had no problem picking up #8 shot with a GPX. I have done that with 11-14" coils. There is also a Civil War shot called buck and ball consisting of a large lead ball of approx. .52+- caliber with 3 littler lead balls approx..125". They sound off and make one think its a large item under the coil instead of a small ball. The clue is typically your chasing the little suckers around once you get them out.

Old thread but good question that wasn’t really answered.
The talk of the day now is about new pi’s for the beach with low pulse delays of 7-10us. So what are the delays of the GP/GPX series units?