Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pulse dive pin pointer

clad king

i have a pulse dive pin pointer that i got with my simplex and i i dont know if anyone else has this problem but i put the plastic dust cover on and now i cant get it off i tried everything its jammed tight it still works but if i ever decide to get the coil attachment i couldn't use, i tried contacting nokta but got no reply any help would be appreciated it. thanks Steve

thanks for the help yea i tried hot water to a vice grip and its not budging i thought at first the cover was not on it but even without the cover it should still twist off to put the coil attachment on right

Last edited:
thanks for the help yea i tried hot water to a vice grip and its not budging i thought at first the cover was not on it but even without the cover it should still twist off to put the coil attachment on right
I also have the pulse dive, the set that came with the loop and pin pointer for land, do you have the black pulse dive ???
not sure if the black one is the same as the yellow one but the yellow one the dust cap is also tight you have to kind of try to rock the dust cap side to side while pulling at the same time and it eventually comes off, you do have to get the dust cap off to change from land pointer to water loop

yes you have to twist the pointer attachment to remove to attach the Loop for water hunting, I have even used the loop part as a land pointer just to see how it worked it actually was pretty deep as a land pointer but it was very awkward using it as a land based pin pointer

Take a picture and post it.
Have you tried using an adjustable wrench to span across the pinpointer while tapping the wrench with a hammer. I used this method for removing sharkbite fittings

Last edited:
pics

Attachments

• IMG_0838[1].JPG
    IMG_0838[1].JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0839[1].JPG
    IMG_0839[1].JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0840[1].JPG
    IMG_0840[1].JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0844[1].JPG
    IMG_0844[1].JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 125
My PP is yellow and just pulls off, it does have a snap type feel to it , it doesn't twist , the actually inner PP attachment does twist to insure water proof barrier .

I have my cover off while dry hunting with electrical tape over PP probe it's self and around twist joint so grit doesn't get into to WT fitting , gives a tighter PP , only when on land .

you didn't make your wife mad and she super glued it on did she LOL or detect with someone that likes to pull jokes on you I have detected with jokesters that would do something like gluing the cover ofn and wait for a couple months to let you know they did it, hunted with someone when I first started detecting that taped a small piece of metal to my coil under the coil cover they told me after about 2 monts of my detector going crazy, I wanted to beat the crap out of them when they told me what they did, it was all in fun to them but not fun to me

the cover should just pull straight off mine is tight also

I don't own one. I will get a PI pinpointer someday.
Hopefully someone can tell you which direction to twist.
YOU DO NOT TWIST THE COVER TO TAKE IT OFF, the cover just pulls straight off the pin pointer the twisting comes after you remove the cover, then you twist slightly to remove the pin pointer to swap over to the loop for detecting under water

You want to hear something funny. Ijust tried to take mine off. No luck, ran hot water over it, tried my suggestion with the adjustable wrench and it did not work. What I did to get it off was to lightly tap the top edge of the cover where it snaps onto the pinpointer. There was a small bit of very fine dust/dirt inside the cover.