Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Purchased a Eagle FishElite 500C... Some questions...

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
I bought it primarily because I didn't feel 2 GPS units was enough. :rofl:

Actually the plug in maps was what made it interesting. What are the suppliers of maps out there. Can you create any of your own using Fugawi or anything like that? I have lots of topo maps of the lakes I fish. It would be nice to just import them.

Thanks... Guvner..

Oops. I missed your post. Sorry.

Nope, can't make your own maps for new Lowrance / Eagle units. You can only use the ready, compatible maps and charts but there is a fair selection of them - beside MapCreate you can use Lowrance FreedomMaps

It had 480 X 480 resolution instead of the Eagle's 320 X 320. Also had a night feature to turn down the light. On top of that the BassPro shop didn't have the better one in stock and by the time I got done looking around I found a better deal last night out of state with no sales tax.

That ended up making it only a $32 jump in price for me going to the better one. Locally that would have been $100 more plus the extra tax.

Same questions though since it's essentially the same machine... Guvner..