Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Purchased a F75

Actually the F 75 LTD is pretty easy to set up. I suggest running it a little tamer for a few hours until you get a feel for it.

As a old coin hunter I ran in d e mode, either 3h or 4h tones, 0 disc. and sen typically around 90 most of the time. Far more often then not I was able to run the 75 with D.S.T. off.....which supposedly gave a hair more depth and I never used the notch system. I liked hearing everything in the ground. For hunting over taller then normal grass and woods hunting, I usually ran in BP mode. DE mode likes a nice brisk swing speed and BP a slower swing speed. It has numerous good tone options, too. Get a good ground balance. In its own right, its gets very good depth, but in all metal, its near astounding. Good luck and enjoy. HH jim tn

I bought my 75 when fisher came out with the LTD camo. Still rocking it. Like Jim said start out on the soft side. It frustrated the heck out of me at first. But what I was finding was awesome. I run mostly bp. Every now and then I'll have to trim it down some. I've had numerous other fisher detectors. But for good reason always went back to the 75. hhrickinmi

Congrat's, and Best of Luck to you with the New f75. What type of hunting do you mostly do?, and let us know what you think of your new Fisher.

I coin hunt mostly. I will hunt for relics with my Buds up in Franklin, TN.
The Battle of Franklin. Man, best of luck to you. This is where we lost our Stone wall of the West, Gen. Patrick Cleburne, along with 5 other Confetrit' generals. Here's hoping you can find some cool stuff, and Save some History with the New f75. We'll be waiting on some pic's coming soon. I meant to ask earlier if you got the f75Ltd, or the f75? Great detector either way. Go getem'.

F75 ... F75 Ltd. ... F75+

Three options. Curious why that series version? Also, I'm curious what search coils you have from our Patriot, or newly added?

Nothing wrong, per se, with some of the 'older' models, but I also wonder if you have owned or tried some of the newer competitor's models, or why this selection with some new detectors announced or anticipated?

Just curious.

Monte

I run mine in DE, 60 Sens, 10 Discrim, 1Notch, 3H tones. In open areas this will find coins to 6-8” where Im at and that is most coins including the oldies. I have an area where the EMI hits everybody and all machines pretty hard. I can toggle thru the 7 channels and usually find a quiet one. I have played in All Metal Motion and still learning it but mainly in relic areas rather than coins, just me.
I have two after market coils and mainly run those two, NEL Sharpshooter and an SEL 12x10 Butterfly. I can hold my own against the upoer Minelabs…….

Love mine.

Attachments

• 15168641_933785896751307_1375785992210247960_o (1).jpg
    15168641_933785896751307_1375785992210247960_o (1).jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 15195922_933786003417963_8391599088342457068_o.jpg
    15195922_933786003417963_8391599088342457068_o.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 189
F75 ... F75 Ltd. ... F75+

Three options. Curious why that series version? Also, I'm curious what search coils you have from our Patriot, or newly added?

Nothing wrong, per se, with some of the 'older' models, but I also wonder if you have owned or tried some of the newer competitor's models, or why this selection with some new detectors announced or anticipated?

Just curious.

Monte
I have owned a Garrett Ace 400, Minelab 600, Whites MX7, Fisher F5 and Teknetics Patriot. For me the Fisher/Teknetics machines have work best for me. I use the CORS Fortune, Fisher F75 Elliptical 10x5 DD, F75 5" DD, Fisher 6.5x3.5 Concentric and the stock 11" on my Patriot. I decided I only needed one machine and I purchased the F75 LTD. I wanted a machine to hunt the old farm home sites, parks and permissions sites in town. Thought the 75 would fit my hunting needs.

The Battle of Franklin. Man, best of luck to you. This is where we lost our Stone wall of the West, Gen. Patrick Cleburne, along with 5 other Confetrit' generals. Here's hoping you can find some cool stuff, and Save some History with the New f75. We'll be waiting on some pic's coming soon. I meant to ask earlier if you got the f75Ltd, or the f75? Great detector either way. Go getem'.
General Cleburne was buried at a church here in Mt Pleasant until they transferred his body back to his home. F75 LTD.

If this is the same cemetery, I had heard that the army had paused next to it enroute to Franklin shortly before the battle. If I remember correctly, the account stated that the cemetery was lined with cedar trees and was a beautiful setting. The account said that Gen. Claiborne found it so pretty that he stated that it was such a pretty setting that it would almost be worth dying to be buried in such a pretty place. Have you ever heard this account, and if so, was this that same cemetery? This would have been as you said, before his remains were reclaimed and returned to his home for burial.

If this is the same cemetery, I had heard that the army had paused next to it enroute to Franklin shortly before the battle. If I remember correctly, the account stated that the cemetery was lined with cedar trees and was a beautiful setting. The account said that Gen. Claiborne found it so pretty that he stated that it was such a pretty setting that it would almost be worth dying to be buried in such a pretty place. Have you ever heard this account, and if so, was this that same cemetery? This would have been as you said, before his remains were reclaimed and returned to his home for burial.
Yes. The army passed through Mt Pleasant from Lawrenceburg. That is the same quote I heard as well. It's my understanding there was a small battle in Columbia as the Union army was heading to Franklin. I found a dropped .caliber near the Duck River at one of the locations the Union had setup to protect their march to Franklin.

The church has one service a year. Most of the trees still remain today. The church is original as it was in the 1860's. The only update to the building is a new roof that was replaced earlier this year.

MidTn, Thanks for the information. These Historical facts add so much to relics when they are found from these same areas where these actions happened. Take care, and again, Best wishes on some Saved History for you and the f75 at Franklin. Keep us posted.

I put the NEL sharp shooter on and have never taken it off. Pinpoints on a dime. Love it for cherry picking parks.
For deeper I go with with my Deus. Its super fast and picks out the goodies among the iron trash.

Good luck,
HH
Donna(NJ)