Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pushing back the year(s) again

Got out this weekend for a couple of hunts. Hit the park I did the ring return at and gridded off over half the park in about 5 hours work. Got a few nice finds too.

First up is this worn un-datable George V dime. I was really surprised at finding this, since every other find at this park has been from the 40's and up. Till this day that is....

Next up was this silver heart necklace with a SUPER thin chain. No marks on it but it's definitely silver.

Next find was this 1964 Elizabeth silver dime.

Then right before I quit I got a deep high tone signal. I almost gave up on it cause it was so deep and such a large signal on the pinpointer. But I finally got it out of the hole from at least 10" deep.
A Valcartier Camp medallion dated 1914. it's missing the top chains and Canada pin. Information on this camp is found here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFB_Valcartier

This is what it looks like in good condition.

------------------------------
Then yesterday I got out for 3 hours and went back to the park where I got the 1890 Indian head penny and the 18k white gold ring. I wandered around a bit till I hit a patch of iron nails, etc. and started working it really slow. Got 2 keepers out of the area and let me tell you, these are not signals that many would dig. The first one was super quiet and iron all around it, and at 3" deep. The second was a bit better but still iffy, till I dig out 3 nails and then it blew my ears off, at 6" deep.

First find and pushing back the date on my oldest coin ever so far by one slim year. A 1889 Indian Head Penny. Btw this rang up as 12-32 on the Minelab CTX3030, well below where a Indian Head penny should ring up.

Second target was this 1913 George V silver dime.

I also got a ring yesterday, but unfortunately it's bling. Hope I someday get a real ring with stones this big in it.

---------------------
Last but not least a find from the day I got the 1964 silver dollar. I thought it was just bling, but after cleaning it up I found out it's a silver Roman Catholic communion pendant off a necklace.

That's it for this weekend, I'm headed back to that same park on Thursday to work the nails again, with the CTX 3030 and the AT-Gold. Wish me luck!

Nice work!