Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro MP and the beaches of Denmark

pelanj

From what I read, the Quattro must be the most under estimated detector of all times :O It needs a bit of patience to learn it and to use it, but all the effort pays back soon :)

If I start to hunt a new site, I usually use all metal with ferrous tones. If I have the feeling that most (ideally all) high conductors are out of the ground, I switch to conductive audio
and dig the middle tones. The pictures show the result from 4 afternoons of beach hunting. There are four pieces of silver jewellery and a US 1962 1 cent. I bet there are not many of them in Europe to be found:)

So far, shallow bottle caps and pull tabs are quite easy to recognize after some time. I rather dig one than miss a good target, so I still dig lots of them - but I know 95 % of the time that I am digging trash.

That sounds like a good strategy and some nice finds. That one silver ring has stone, is it a diamond?

John

There are actually two stones (it cannot be seen from the picture). One larger and one smaller. I would not say that they are diamonds - the whole ring looks cheap and it is children size. So I would say zircons.

Nice finds pelanj, I was thinking about showing my finds from Myrtle Beach, SC but after seeing yours, I'm to embarrassed :nopity: Seriously though, I have found lots of clad, still pulling quarters which has been my biggest surprise few other little trinkets but no rings and no gold.

Congratulations on your finds though.

Don

Thanks guys,
the coins with holes are Danish Kroner. 1, 2 and 5 DKK have a hole. So does the old 25 ore ("cent"). All coins from 50 ore above can be exchanged in a bank for the actual ones. The ones with less face value are worth just the metal. As far as I know, all those coins after WWII are very common and not much value - which does not lessen the joy of finding them:)

I have been quite lucky with the rings - I guess there are not many beach hunters in Denmark. Actually, I suspect that most of the beaches I know I do hunt just myself. I have found quite a few coins with a very cheap detector just some 2 - 4 inches deep last winter. I hope this winter's storms will reveal some more for my Quattro:)

Once I have found three gold looking rings from one hole. They turned out to be junk, but I still love finding those as well. Now I need to find my first silver coin - my score is still zero after more than one year of metal detecting.