Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question? 800 on Salt Water Beaches?

Jersey D

How does the 800 do on the wet sand of salt water beaches. Looking at this model rather tan an Excalibur. Thanks!

Works great. I was hunting beaches in Italy this week (island of Elba) and had no problem. I use beach 1 on dry sand and beach 2 in water/wet sand. Really does a good job of canceling out iron/ black sand

Each detector has its own strengths and weakness. Knowing how and what it is telling you and your interpretations and how each adjustment effects the results are more important than which detector. The environment is of great consideration, black sand, electrical interference, area to swing a certain sized coil in, etc. may be overcome by one detector over another by design without user interface. Physical aspects such as weight, wireless headphones, angle of grip, control of operating parameters can each help in improving a signal the operator can more easily process if it is a desired target worth retrieving.
I own over 20 detectors and each was obtained for a specific purpose and as such has become my favorite "go-to" detector in a specific situation. Features that have proven to be high on my list of desirable list are: what is the desired target, physical comfort when in use, wireless headphones, notch discrimination, turn-on and go coil size, Multi-frequency and PI.
All that being said the Excalibur and the Equinox 800 are in my car ready for a trip to the beach. I may take a PI detector also especially if I think the environment may warrant it.

How does the 800 do on the wet sand of salt water beaches. Looking at this model rather tan an Excalibur. Thanks!
Works good on my salt beaches & proves it fairs well on depth but, my Excalibur seems to edge it out on the deeper stuff. There has been several times, while hunting with my buddy & compared signals that his Equinox didn’t pick them up at all!....The Excalibur has the ability to reach a little deeper because you can incorporate the use of the threshold to aid in depth enhancement....Watch YouTube videos on it to understand it more Joe Beechnut has videos on it.....Man alone outdoors has some good ones on its ability also...It’s worth watching!

Its great all I use in the fall and winter here in the salt I'm in Ct we have tons of black and red sand all I do is noise cancel and go I've found lots of silver and gold to on the beaches. As stated above the Excalibur will go deeper my friend uses one and finds lots of deep silver that the nox can't reach.
Mark

Its great all I use in the fall and winter here in the salt I'm in Ct we have tons of black and red sand all I do is noise cancel and go I've found lots of silver and gold to on the beaches. As stated above the Excalibur will go deeper my friend uses one and finds lots of deep silver that the nox can't reach.
Mark
Exactly Mark!...while the Equinox is better at finding smaller gold, the Excalibur is proving its deeper on the wet sand . It does a great job on picking up those almost undetectable signals.