Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question about detecting on Historic property in Maryland

joebart2

I recently asked permission for a property in Maryland and the land owner responded with:
"the house is under National and historical easement of Maryland which prevents digging."

Is this an accurate statement? I thought that even if it was on the National or state Registry, it was up to the owner whether they wanted to grant permission or not. Or is an historical easement different? Thanks.

And if the owner needs to do repair or renovation it has to be with items of the period. We have an old train depot near where I live and they had to go as far as getting paint that was accurate to the era (it was not original paint but certain standards had to be met (no lead paint) and certified by the paint maker). That almost shot the project down but an anonymous donor stepped in for the paint cost. Original goes for hardware, fixtures etc.

And if the owner needs to do repair or renovation it has to be with items of the period. We have an old train depot near where I live and they had to go as far as getting paint that was accurate to the era (it was not original paint but certain standards had to be met (no lead paint) and certified by the paint maker). That almost shot the project down but an anonymous donor stepped in for the paint cost. Original goes for hardware, fixtures etc.
Yet. When the millionaires want upgrades for comfort. They get to do Anything. 😡

Why would anyone voluntarily put their house and land under the control of any government entity? Big bucks? Ego trip? I would like to know as I really don't get it. If the owner receives money do the tax payers get a benefit?

I'm sure that paint had lead in it to like it should!
Mark

Possibly the owner had had the property in his family for a few hundred years or so and wants it to stay the same! I personally think it is a great deal for all of us to have history staring us in the face. And correct, an owner of the land can do as he pleases, unless HE has signed away those rights with deed restrictions, HOA's, etc..