Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about ET

EddieB

Hello All, I've just noticed after a week working with the ET that I can hold the detector up off of the ground in any direction, any height and pivot the coil back and forth on the lower shaft and it falses with every movement. It does it with the X8 also.This doesn't seem right to me. What do you guys think? EddieB

Hello Jim, It always good for a laugh. Your right, I normally keep the coil there but, I was air testing a quarter tone and notice it when the coil pivoted. I don't really know yet if it is the detector or the coil. I purchased the so called SE pro coil several month ago and loved it on the Explorers. I've alway hunted in conductive iron mask anyway so iron falsing is expected. But I can say that my ET falses on all the settings I've tried. But the good targets seem to stand out more prominent. Give your unit a try by pivoting the coil and let me know, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for your response. EddieB

I get lots of iron falses too, but havent noticed the ones from moving the coil.. will try tonight though.. do you keep the coil bolt loose on purpose?

I just fired mine up and maxed sen. out and could only get a slight peep now and then when pivoting coil back and forth and waving machine around in air,Ray.

It truly is a little too loose, but I just thought it would flow with the ground plain a little easier. I just spoke with Dick with ML and he said that falsing can be expected. Let me know what you find with yours. Thanks Jim, it great for the less experience like me to have these forums to get the advice from you guys with more experience. My hunting partner moved back to sunny California so now it's me and the forums. I thank you all !!! Happy Hunting EddieB

Thanks for the information. Wonder if the X1 probe could be contributing to the problem. I'll try it without the probe. Thanks again. HH EddieB