Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about gold and foil on the Vision.

ISLANDJOE said:
Hey Guys,

I hope that you don't mine me jumping in.

This is a interesting conversation. This past Saturday, I took my 4 rings to the beach and had a little different results. Some were 14kt white gold and at least one was 14kt gold. I buried them one at a time at a measured depth of 7 inches. Of course they were buried them in a plastic bag. The rings ranged in size of #4, #10, and I believe the other two were a size 12.

I tried it in the coin & jewelry mode and the Salt beach mode. I had no trouble detecting them but I did notice that each one had a different VDI numbers but in range and the width varied.

The only thing that was different was the color of the gold and the size of the rings.

May try this with different sizes and types of tabs to see what happens.

BOB

Correct different size rings will give different VID #s

GpSnoopy said:
I noticed one difference between the pulltabs vs foil/gold that seemed to be consistent. The 7.5 and 22.5 khz waves are much closer together on the pulltabs. Definitely could tell the difference between a pulltab and a similar VDI large gold ring if you swung over them.

That is what i noticed too and the reason I said maybe on the pull tab. Do not know if the percentage thing will work in the ground or not.

Jason

Tinfoil said:
Same smooth signal same percentage, same ID# but, one shows smaller which don't mean much as it can be on edge. Seems like the important thing is the nice heights of the wave forms compared to the pull tabs. I will be looking for your posts in the dirt. Thanks HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

The small one is 14K larger one is 10K.

Jason

First is a gold chain had to crank up the sensitivity a bit to get it still was running in common program with RX at 2 could get a good hit at about 4in stretched out WOW. Then also a balled up pick.

Have more pull tabs to test??

BTW.... Thanks for all your work!! Your really helping allot of us out!! I think we all really appreciate it!

Well, boo hoo. :cry: Now the graphs on the large chunky gold rings look just like the pulltab ones. Still have to dig those pulltabs, it looks like.

Good job on the testing, Jason. I'll probably continue to use my MXT this year, but may put the clad towards my Vision fund.

This is an interesting comparison, does anyone know what calculation is used to come up with the % number next to the VDI
Thanks for the pics Jason

Numbers the same but % different ?

Jason,

Are the % always higher on gold than a pop top/?

Thanks,

Wes

alric said:
Jason,

Are the % always higher on gold than a pop top/?

Thanks,

Wes

Looks like that is the trend but I would not say always. Sweep speed depth minerals iron near buy any thing could change that.
I do not think there is any detector that will tell you gold or foil or gold or tab for sure but the Vision may just give you a better
chance to go for the gold where you want to limit your digging. If you want to get 100% of your gold signals you are going
to have to dig it all. Some places that may not be possible.

Jason

There are very few machines that can snag chains Jason my Troy being one of them and some of the Tesoro machines. It would appear looking at the screen that the only reason to stop and look would be the 22.5 frequency hit, and without that working for you most likely would never give it a second look. That say's a lot for the Vision. Dan

Good shot Jason - the % is at 69 and the icons include foil - so far my experience is on the pattern, I found 2 or 3 pieces of foil and I think (if I recall), the blue and red waves were closer together - compared to your pics, the red wave was up higher, closer to the blue.
I haven't dug up a ring with the Vision yet.

I'm really liking those % numbers Jason. Thought maybe I would wait a bit to buy but as soon as I can get one here in Canada I will. Dan

Daniel A. said:
I'm really liking those % numbers Jason. Thought maybe I would wait a bit to buy but as soon as I can get one here in Canada I will. Dan

I really like mine. It is going to take some time to learn every thing it can do but wow you can build your own detector through the settings.

Someone will have to go to a park and hunt foil and pull tabs look at the % and dig the higher percentage (%) and see if it is foil or a pull tabe or gold. Then I will begin to understand if this machine can do anything better then what is out there.