Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about Gold Readings on E-Trac

jcweber77

I recently got permission to hunt a church camp-ground site that has been (and still is) in service since 1945. Summer camps all summer plus other events all year round. Prior to '45 it was the site of an old school and several homes. From what I understand it's never been hunted (at least in the past 25 years) and after a quick 1 hour hunt today, I would say that's right!

I spent several summers at it back in the late '80's and one particular incident came back to me when I was thinking back today. We were playing softball and a camp counselor lost his high-school class ring while running the bases. It was never found that week that we know of -- at least it was never returned to him. Now, i realize there have been thousands and thousands of kids on that field since then, but I would at least like to look for it while i'm there one day. So, my question is, what FE-CO ranges would a fairly large, 14K gold class ring show up as?? I don't have anything of this size to test, but can probably find someone who does. I figured I would ask here first though since I'm sure someone has found something similar. Thanks!!

I have seen gold rings up anywhere on the CO scale from 2-3 on up to high 30's. larger rings tend to be in the upper 20's to upper 30's. so for a large class ring I would probably look in the 12-25 to 12-39 range
Your zincs will be at 12-36 to 12-37 so you will be dealing with those
good luck