Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about screen for new CTX users

silversweeper

Greetings oh fortunate ones :please:....I have a question for those of you who are now hunting with the CTX. My one major complaint about my etrac has always been screen visibility in direct sunlight and heat. Nothing worse than getting out to detect and putting up with the heat/sweat just to have to turn my machine this way and that in order to see what the screen is reading. Has Minelab fixed that issue with this new machine? I notice that the angle on the CTX screen/handle is still a straight right angle to the shaft and my theory was always that the angle of the screen needed to be changed to make it more visible. I wish I knew someone here local that would let me swing their CTX for a little while in the sun so that I could see for myself. Hate to shell out the $$ for a new machine if the screen visibility problem hasn't been fixed. Thanks, Happy Hunting and Kudos to those of you swinging the new machine.

i just saw on a post where a guy got his ctx and said that in the sunlight you could see just fine with the new color screen but he was having problems with seeing in the shade but digger told him that you can set your backlight to a 4 and it fixes most issues with any sun glare or problems with seeing in shady areas

I have no problems seeing in direct sunlight or shade. If you have an issue you can enlarge the numbers so you can see them

I have no problems with my screen in the sunlight either. I posted a pic of my screen with the ring I recovered on it today and there was glare on the screen, but this is due to the screen protector that I put on it. The screen, as it comes from Minelab, is perfectly fine in the sun and shouldn't cause anyone any problems. I also use backlight 4 as I thought it was the best and found it interesting that Randy found the same thing. Hope this helps. HH -Marc