Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about sweep speed settings vs depth vs iron falsing

I posted this in another forum but thought I'd ask it here too. I have been trying to find what settings work best under different scenarios and have been checking signals found with a sweep speed of 1 with different sweep speeds to see if depth is affected and haven't seen a major difference. I have been keeping the sweep speed settings low because I watched an air test video on Youtube showing a major difference in depth during air testing. I am not convinced that lowering sweep speed gives one more depth but I did notice more falsing on cut nails and bigger iron when I raised the sweep speed from 1 to 2 and 3. Has anyone else noticed it and has anyone seen a difference in depth at higher sweep speeds on actual targets in the ground? Higher sweep speeds has definitely allowed for better target separation but the level of falsing with higher settings associated with it has been a bit of a distraction. Is there a way to get around this¿

We {my close friends} haven't been seeing much if any reduction in depth with the higher recovery settings . We are hunting in heavy trash and are compensating with reduced sweep and getting tremendous depth. I don't have any secrets that haven't been shared for iron falsing :shrug:
Laplander

Thanks Laplander and I did mean recovery speed.

A higher recovery speed leads to less depth and less falsing. A lower leads to more depth but more falsing. I have yet to find an advantage to the higher speeds as even when testing in iron I can still find the good targets on the lowest settings. Now, in certain situations a higher speed could lead to more finds, like in a place with tons of iron next to each other but in my tests I am still able to detect gold in a pile of nails on the lowest setting. Thus I am keeping my setting on the lowest I can to avoid falsing, which is a 2 (4 on the 800).

Thanks Adam!

In my soil, high recovery speeds lose considerable depth. #s 1 - 3 seem equal, 4 might be a tiny bit reduced and then it becomes markedly reduced as you go higher. It could be different for your area, you just have to play with it and see.