Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the 3030

Ok so I'm currently hunting with an etrac and embarrassingly have just stumbled onto this relatively new offering from Minelab (working and hunting treasure has taken me out of the loop for while) and I have a simple question. Is the CTX 3030 waterproof? If I buy one of these can I spend all day wading in trout streams without giving this thing a second thought when it comes to getting ANY part of it wet? If I want to take it hunting in a downpour do I need to put any diapers on it anywhere out of fear of getting something important damp? If this thing is truly waterproof I'm probably going to be all in.

It is waterproof if you follow the proper procedures to keep it that way. I spent all summer in a trout stream a couple seasons ago with no problems. The wireless module and standard headphones are not waterproof.

:thumbup:Yes yes yes yes down to ten feet check the resource center about caring on the seal .:thumbup: sube

The CTX is waterproof to 10'. To be completely waterproof you have to use either waterproof headphones that attach to the detector itself or run without headphones.tThe wireless module is not waterproof.