Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question About The Impact VS Whites vx3..

LS hunter

Hi guys any information is much appreciated as we all know any decent detector is certainly an investment..Here goes
the opinions. ., I have been using whites for a long time mostly the vx3 the v3i to me just didnt get as much depth just my opinion,
I have been looking at the NOKTA brand for some time now and i have to say they look well built and an all around good detector ...Do you guys think the impact will do just as well as the vx3...The ground memorization where I'm hunt I guess would be on the medium side i mainly hunt for silver coins ,Coin hunting,,I sold the vx3 some time back and was looking for another good coin detector.Do you guys think the impact will work for what im looking for...Thx.. Greg

Does the impact run all 3 frequencies at the same time. And does it have a sensitivity adjustment. I also read on their homepage wireless headphones optional...But some where else Read no Bluetooth and a beach mode..thx..Greg

Hi Greg,

I don't have the Whites machines that you mention so I can't make comparisons but I have three of the Nokta machines including the Impact.

The Impact runs one frequency at a time either 5,14, or 20 you choose. As Sheldon said, very fast recovery in trash so separation is great, as deep as any other high end VLF, light and ergonomic. The feature that impresses me the most is how easy it is to switch modes/change settings! Makes it very easy to cross check iffy targets with different modes. The Gen(D) mode is a threshold based all metal mode with disc and tone break and I think would be a game changer in for coin shooting "hunted out" parks or yards with medium to mild amounts of trash.

Dean

Thanks Dean i have been looking at Nokta brand for a while now ,I just wasent sure about the depth most of my silver finds are around the 8 inch range...I have been looking for another detector i sold my vx3 some time ago and been using my backup xlt. And honestly I'm tired of spending a lot of money on a detector just because of the brand.... I'm looking for the detector thats really worth the money and i think the impact may just be that detector.Does the Impact have a sensitivity adjustment? And thanks for all the help much appreciated..

LS hunter said:
Thanks Dean i have been looking at Nokta brand for a while now ,I just wasent sure about the depth most of my silver finds are around the 8 inch range...I have been looking for another detector i sold my vx3 some time ago and been using my backup xlt. And honestly I'm tired of spending a lot of money on a detector just because of the brand.... I'm looking for the detector thats really worth the money and i think the impact may just be that detector.Does the Impact have a sensitivity adjustment? And thanks for all the help much appreciated..

Yes, they do. Their terminology is 'GAIN'. Once you go beyond 90 you get great depth. An 8" silver quarter is an easy hit in my soil.

Thanks guys for all the help.....Im going to sell my xlt and jump on the impact...

LS hunter said:
Thanks guys for all the help.....Im going to sell my xlt and jump on the impact...

This is other metal detecting dimension with Impact. I love old machines, but new should be always better.

For me in my ground the V3 was a problem...and not a lot of depth. So much to program on the whites that you can screw it up with one wrong setting unless you work for NASA. But the impact and the deus are for relic hunting and different ground. These machines are made in different countries and they hunt differently then we do and I think their creators think a bit different from the Americans....

But I got rid of my whites years ago and got the deus and racer and now impact. I keep all three and when I feel I have hunted out an area I take out on the same area another one of my units and find relics...Not so easy but there just harder to find. The impact is very close to the deus and so if you have on of those machines and you understand them you are in great shape...I do love the impact for being way more stable than my deus and the coils for the impact are great. Not all coils have been released yet but soon I will be able to tackle anyplace with the impact...In England they love the deus for their type of dirt and iron. So you can't go wrong if you chose one of those machines. I have some videos of the impact...I was a tester and at the start of my testing I didn't like the machine but after I understood it I mostly use it now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvc8PTSRYKKi4hdGpSonlA

Thx...still doing my research on detectors,The impact is on the list im also looking at the CTX 3030 as i do hunt the beach from time to time,And your write about the v3i..Make one wrong adjustment and you have wasted precious hours of good daylight...Just my opinion and i have owned both v3i and vx3 the vx3 is the way to go if you are a whites fan more depth to out of the vx3...well im putting in my time before i buy..thx guys..

-- moved topic --