Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about Track mode?

Paul (Ca)

Hello all you GPS lovers!

Finally bought my first GPS, Mark cut me a great deal on a mint used explorist 600 with all the trimmings. So far have learned allot the past 10 days with the unit, Just one feature in question has me stumped.

What does the "Track mode" feature do? When I click on this feature it brings up several adjustments to chose from,

Ranging from,
Off
Auto
Auto Detailed

Will choosing any one of these change the "arrow" speed movement on the page as I'm driving down the road? Or is it for another reason? Any help will be a warm welcome.

Thank you, Paul (Ca)

A person could find a coins and relics in here, It's like a ghost town in here :)

Anyway, I believe each one of the "Track mode" settings applies to each different size map screen used, at least this makes sense so the arrow curser will adjust itself properly on the map size selected by the user.

Paul

Sorry I could not get to reply earlier.
The track mode settings is for recording the track. Hmm, that does not explain a lot, does it?

Your receiver can record position as a waypoint, right? The waypoint is a POINT.
The receiver can also record movement. Instead of a single point, it can record a track of your movement. That record can be displayed on the screen as a line. Now, the line is drawn between the points that you don't see on the screen. You see just the line which receiver draws between the points recorded in the track mode. By dropping a point every (say) 5 meters and drawing lines between these points, the receiver can show your entire movement. If you travel (say) 10 kilometers on a road and receiver would "drop" 5 points than there would be 1 point for every 2 kilometers and a straight line between the points. If you were on a straight highway, these line would fairly accuratel represent the path you took but, what if it was a windy, forest road? The record would show general direction of the progress but it would not show most of the turns. To combat this problem, most receivers allows users to set criteria for the track record. If you set to Auto, than the receiver will drop a pint with every sginficant direction and / or speed change. In Auto detailed, it will do it even with smaller changes. Or, you can set it to drop a point every so many meters or seconds.
Well, that's about as much as I can tell you without studying the manual for your particular receiver.
HTH
Andrew

For you help, I've got to say can't see why I've waitd so long to guy a GPS. Worth every cent, Amazing what they can do.

Thanks again, Paul