Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about update and FB

Ksdirt

If you do the update then later do a factory backup does it take you back to original update....do you have to do the update again??

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnJ3BooiDs8dL7W/giphy.gif

Ksdirt said:
If you do the update then later do a factory backup does it take you back to original update....do you have to do the update again??

I'm guessing what you meant to ask was:
"If you do the firmware update then later do a factory RESET, do you lose the update?"

Answer is "No."
It just resets preferences. Firmware version stays the same.

From the manual:
"Factory Reset will return all detector settings and Detect Modes to
factory preset values, and will unpair all wireless headphones."

trojdor said:

"If you do the firmware update then later do a factory RESET, do you lose the update?"

Answer is "No."

From the manual:

Just a side note for everybody. I can confirm that the pairing information between the Equinox and the headphones is deleted with a factory reset. A couple weeks ago I updated to v1.75 again (I've gone back and forth 3 times). I've not had a problem with any of my updates or setting back to original v1.5 and had not done a factory reset because I didn't want to have to go back in and re-enter all of my mode settings, which are somewhat extensive. Well, there was snow on the ground and the season was near an end so why not? I updated to the latest greatest v1.75 and documented all of my settings and then did the factory reset.

A couple nights later I sat down and re-entered all of my settings for Park 1 and Park 2 and put my EQ800 in the closet. A few days later, opportunity shined late in the morning and I had the rest of the day off to go detecting if I wished. I grabbed the EQ800 and the Etrac and headed off through the falling snow for warming conditions a few hours away. I arrived well after lunch with only a few hours of daylight left.

I grabbed the 800 to get to business. The headphones wouldn't pair. And then I remembered I'd done the factory reset and HADN'T repaired the headphones while in the warmth of my home. I stood in the cold on a couple inches of slushy snow for a good 15 minutes going through the process as best as I could remember and I remembered there was a little trick to it. I defaulted to the electronic version of the owners manual on my cell phone and paged to the pairing instructions. Ah, turn on the headphones and then press and hold the button again for the pairing tones. That only took 20 minutes of my time, but I bet I'll remember if there's a next time.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:

Answer is "No."

From the manual:

Just a side note for everybody. I can confirm that the pairing information between the Equinox and the headphones is deleted with a factory reset. A couple weeks ago I updated to v1.75 again (I've gone back and forth 3 times). I've not had a problem with any of my updates or setting back to original v1.5 and had not done a factory reset because I didn't want to have to go back in and re-enter all of my mode settings, which are somewhat extensive. Well, there was snow on the ground and the season was near an end so why not? I updated to the latest greatest v1.75 and documented all of my settings and then did the factory reset.

A couple nights later I sat down and re-entered all of my settings for Park 1 and Park 2 and put my EQ800 in the closet. A few days later, opportunity shined late in the morning and I had the rest of the day off to go detecting if I wished. I grabbed the EQ800 and the Etrac and headed off through the falling snow for warming conditions a few hours away. I arrived well after lunch with only a few hours of daylight left.

I grabbed the 800 to get to business. The headphones wouldn't pair. And then I remembered I'd done the factory reset and HADN'T repaired the headphones while in the warmth of my home. I stood in the cold on a couple inches of slushy snow for a good 15 minutes going through the process as best as I could remember and I remembered there was a little trick to it. I defaulted to the electronic version of the owners manual on my cell phone and paged to the pairing instructions. Ah, turn on the headphones and then press and hold the button again for the pairing tones. That only took 20 minutes of my time, but I bet I'll remember if there's a next time.

Rich -

I don't see why it took 20 minutes to pair headphones to the Equinox it should not take 1 minute at most?

Turn on the Nox before the HPs, see the bluetooth icon working on the screen, then power up the HPs.

U2ROBERT He didn't say it took 20 min. to pair headphones to the detector what he said was he wasted 20 mins. figuring out how by trying to remember how to do it and then decided looking it up on his cell phone and then downloading the info do it o as to not waste more time guessing.

Yes naturally the do it part only took a min or so. Please re-read his post.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
U2ROBERT He didn't say it took 20 min. to pair headphones to the detector what he said was he wasted 20 mins. figuring out how by trying to remember how to do it and then decided looking it up on his cell phone and then downloading the info do it o as to not waste more time guessing.

Yes naturally the do it part only took a min or so. Please re-read his post.

Yes he did say it took 20 minutes you reread what he said.

u2robert said:
Yes he did say it took 20 minutes you reread what he said.

I appreciate the thoughts Etrac Tom. I guess robert is allowed to poke a little fun where he wants, and I don't mind. My post was intended to be a little self-deprecating. Some can't resist piling on. :huh:

Rich (Utah)