Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question: All though my DFX coils will work, I should really replace them with the new V-coils for maximum depth and usage of all the V's tweaks?

It depends, are you able to use TX Boost in your ground? From what I understand, the V compatibility just makes it possible to use them with the Boost on, not necessarily better with the Boost off. I might be wrong on that.

The only coil I am aware of that is skewed in 22.5 KHz is the Bigfoot, but again I'm not 100% sure on that. Even with the Bigfoot, it only affects a small portion of the VDI scale, maybe the 20-30 range.

I was hoping that the new V coils would handle the preamp better. I used to get a pre amp of 4 on my old 4x6, but now can only get a pre amp of 3. I was hoping the tighter tolerance for the new coils may allow me to crank the pre amp up? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

If the performance of your DFX is degrading, it might be time to send it in for a check up. I'm sure Carl-NC stated not too long ago that the V coils will not enhance the DFX performance.

I guess I said it wrong:rofl: I think my 4x6 coil is degrading, not the DFX. I can still use the 4 preamp on my other coils, but no longer on the 4x6. So I assumed it was the coil. I was thinking that the new V 4x6 should handle a pre amp of 4, so I could get the depth I was previously getting. Hope I got it out right this time.:confused:

coinnut said:
I guess I said it wrong:rofl: I think my 4x6 coil is degrading, not the DFX. I can still use the 4 preamp on my other coils, but no longer on the 4x6. So I assumed it was the coil. I was thinking that the new V 4x6 should handle a pre amp of 4, so I could get the depth I was previously getting. Hope I got it out right this time.:confused:

Are you talking about the RX Gain with the 4x6?? I just received one of the new 4x6 for my V3 yesterday and was testing it in the back yard by the barn and found two pennies and 2 dimes and a butterfly brooch. It sure works differently then the standard 10" coil. Doing the Probe it only said a best Gain of 2 or 3 but I was able to push it to 7 or 8 with little problems but if I used TX boost I had to drop the RX down to 1 and still could overload if there were a lot of targets.

My bad:sadwalk:.....Depending on the age of the coil White's still just might replace the coil for free..........:shrug: Might be worth a try.

Naw, it's old like me:rofl: If they were to replace coils that old, they would be out of business. I don't mind buying a new coil. I had some fantastic results from using that one. Thanks Larry!