Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question as to why on TID numbers

jtram

I have seen others ask similar questions and the explanations made sense. For example how a coin could read lower than expected if iron was in the hole with the coin.

Tonight I went to a site that I have been to several times with at least four different detectors. It is an old house place at the edge of an old community which had civil war camps in and around. In other words this is a dig any repeatable signal kind of place. Tonight with the 17" coil I had a solid lock up signal 12-42 at 3" expecting to find a coin and hoping for a silver coin but it was a token about the size of a quarter but it is aluminum nothing else in the hole with this one.

This makes the third exact token I have found at this place. One was with an XLT which rang up in the 40s and the same with the F75. (Best I can remember) Both times then I thought I was about to pop a button out of the ground.

So I guess my question is why does the CTXs TID vary so much. Why would it have not recognized this target as aluminum. I was using gone huntings program with auto +3.

Thanks in advance for the replies

funny, i got an aluminum token from a german railroad yesterday (found in upstate NY of all places) and i was expecting a penny. maybe from the shape and not composition? not sure why it rang up so nice either.

Sometimes the detector doesnt know what to do....It takes it best guess at it....in a matter of a second or shorter length of time. My guess would be.....its about the size of a coin in the 12-42 range and maybe something is mixed in the the aluminum.....tokens are different than the strict standards of the mint.

How about some pics?

thanks

Here is the pic of the token that I found last night dime for size comparison

That would make sense....

I like those old tokens!