Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question EQUINOX and VANQUISH Series metal detectors.

Low-Boy/LCPM

I just found out the Vanquish is an entry level detector..

Yes, I can't understand why anyone would buy one, except for it being multi frequency. I'm real curious to see how it does against the nokta simplex which is waterproof and only 254 dollars.

Vanquish is clearly aimed at the Ace series. The two upper models I think will cut into sales a lot for new hunters. The lowest model to me is junk since they didn't include a pinpoint mode! That should make those new to the hobby that buy it quit in droves.

sumrtym said:
Vanquish is clearly aimed at the Ace series. The two upper models I think will cut into sales a lot for new hunters. The lowest model to me is junk since they didn't include a pinpoint mode! That should make those new to the hobby that buy it quit in droves.

Why? you cant miss what you are used to using. I dig a LOT of targets with nothing more than a coil wiggle from 90 degree angle. ITs what you have to do when you have coins mixed with iron or other metal.

Someone wanting to just start out , using a dirt cheap detector, will get a MASSIVE head start using a M-IQ detector over any other. Its far more versatile than any plain VLF available as a starter.

Jason, I understand and also try the wiggle, sometimes it helps.

My friend said that he is getting one because he feels it has new technology and we should at least give it a try.
I’ll wait a bit and see what folks are saying -

Tony

BigTony said:
Jason, I understand and also try the wiggle, sometimes it helps.

My friend said that he is getting one because he feels it has new technology and we should at least give it a try.
I’ll wait a bit and see what folks are saying -

Tony

But dont you already have an equinox? Why buy a lower version of what you already have (except as a throw around or loaner)

Jason, I told my friend that but he believes there will be more to the tech he must try.

As I said I’ll wait and see what the results are.

Tony

The reason I'm buying the 440 is as an upgrade for my 11 year old granddaughter's GoFind. Like me, her detecting is on our Florida beaches and multi freq is a good leap forward for her. Also, the shaft and arm cuff length can be adjusted to fit her little arms. I would certainly have preferred it to be waterproof but she has yet to venture into the surf. When that day comes, an EQX will be the upgrade to her 440. Why don't I just buy her the EQX now you ask? $279 vs $649 or $899 is better if she doesn't stick with detecting or she manages to break it in some way. Additionally, the EQX isn't as adjustable for length as the 440. I'll upgrade her in stages as her desire and talents dictate.

Just the view from a grandfather's foxhole... :twodetecting: