Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for 705 experts???

Tony-Ok

Contemplating getting a 705. I hunt mainly private permissions , no parks. Main targets are old coins /tokens/ occasional ring now and then. What coil would be best suited to find these targets?? Any and all information is appreciated !!Thanks in advance. HH Tony

It would depend entirely on coil conditions in your locale, and trash density.
Personally, there are few sites that I rely on only one coil to do a thorough search. Typically, I hit a site with a large low frequency coil first, then go back over the trashier areas with a smaller DD coil (like the 6" LF Digger coil) to sort through it.

Whatever you choose to use, just be sure to go slow! Give the machine time to clearly respond to what it sees.

I agree with Old Longhair. The main thing with most coils and machines is to go slow so you give the unit time to properly ID a target. Like one way signals. Look I've owned 22 machines and have had good luck with each but, tell the truth it wasn't the machine that missed a target is was me.

I agree with Longhair also. Soil condition would make a difference on what coil I would use. I have used a lot of coils for the xterras. They all have there place. But I like to use a bigger coil first then go back with smaller coil like Longhair said.