Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for ATX Beach hunters. Wet/Dry Sand

Dancer

Just like to hear about your average deeper finds while hunting out your beaches. Many of us non owners would like to hear some of the random deeps you guys been getting. Mostly interested in coins & Jewelry. I know myself, I might go a few hunts before coming on a remarkable depth , for the Machine I happen to be using.
Course any talk of the different coils would be interesting too. Now I just asking about beach hunting not wading.
Thanks to all for any input.

Dancer

shelton7522 said:
Made master reset to get better result - depth. No ground calibration. Only master reset.

Yes, but what about the depths your comfortably reaching on the beach's ? For example with my ATP, hunting a average beach. Most of my finds are from surface to say 6". When I get a weak broken signal, usually around 7-8 inches. (Hard to be sure with dry sand, spilling back though) With my Infinium, add a few inches. So, are you commonly digging coins say over 12" , better/ less.
We're just trying to get an idea/ feel of the Atx capabilities.

shelton7522 said:
ATX will be slight deeper than Infinium.
I disagree the ATX will find coins and rings pretty deep 15+ inches. The gold ring I recently found was around 10 inches deep, had my sens at 11 and target strength was loud and clear around 7.

In chest deep ocean waters, I walk to the target, careful to to walk over it, stop, listen and dig. I repeat the listen and dig until I have the target. There is no good way to tell the depth of the target, except by the number of scoops and that is not accurate as the sand fills the hole back in as soon as you remove the scoop. My gut feeling, which has not been calibrated to any standard, tells me I have dug many smaller, deeper targets with the ATX then the Infinium. I believe it is due to the finer control the ATX has over the Infinium plus the quick iron check. Hands down, I will take the ATX, unless the conditions require a smaller coil then the Infinium comes back into service.